Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12 (262 Views)

Low speed continuously

Hi, have been with Virgin for ages now. Paying for package with 150mbps. Since December 2016 having problem with speed it doesn't go higher than 4-9 Mbps and more often 0.2-0.9 Mbps. Had three engineers visits after it works brilliant for couple weeks then start playing again. Was called to virgin so many times now and last time was told there is a problem in area and it cannot be fixed till April. If anyone has the same problem in Medway? It is unbelievable to pay for 150 Mbps speed and receive 0.2mbps. Thinking to leave virgin as we can do nothing with that speed...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12 (479 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎19-03-2017 20:43

Re: Low speed continuously

Just interesting if anyone has got same problem in ME5 area?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12 (403 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎20-03-2017 05:42

Hi,

We've had the same problem in Manchester now for over 12 months, they kept telling us they were doing upgrades in the area and giving us a completion date of a month or so in the future. Been putting off leaving for the hassle etc. but after 12 months of 0-2mps speeds we've had enough. They said it is only when demand is high, so basically our internet drops off every evening and most of the weekend.

They have offered us discounts during the work, but 20% off a high bill is still 80% too much for poor service.

I'd advise you to leave now before you get as fed up as us.

M&M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12 (279 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎22-03-2017 18:51

Hi IrinaMit,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004966901). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 12th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12 (160 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎12-04-2017 17:11

Hi IrinaMit,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can imagine how frustrating all this must be for you all and I can only apologise again for the inconvenience.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12 (480 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎19-03-2017 20:43

Just interesting if anyone has got same problem in ME5 area?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12 (404 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎20-03-2017 05:42

Hi,

We've had the same problem in Manchester now for over 12 months, they kept telling us they were doing upgrades in the area and giving us a completion date of a month or so in the future. Been putting off leaving for the hassle etc. but after 12 months of 0-2mps speeds we've had enough. They said it is only when demand is high, so basically our internet drops off every evening and most of the weekend.

They have offered us discounts during the work, but 20% off a high bill is still 80% too much for poor service.

I'd advise you to leave now before you get as fed up as us.

M&M

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 12 (209 Views)

Hi, same problem in SM2 area just an average of 1.15 this evening - same old story from Virgin who keep fobbing me off with one repair date after another. They should be paying me to remain as a future customer......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12 (280 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎22-03-2017 18:51

Hi IrinaMit,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004966901). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 12th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12 (134 Views)

Thank you very much for reply. I can understand if we would have problem only at peak times. We do have low speed most of the time. Even in the daytime workdays. Will wait till that date anyway and then decide what to do if it the same probably will have to move. As it is for a long time now. We cannot even go online to check email. And I still pay lots of money for not having even a quarter of what is paying for... that is very sad that such a big company cannot even notify clients of a problem and make a discount as they don't provide service as they have to. I had to call so many times before I was told there is a problem. And all I was offered is less than half discount of one month. When it is not one month when we had that problem. And question is not in discount the question is we don't have internet and child cannot do home work. And at the same time I do receive calls from virgin with offer to go for 200 Mbps and pay more money, advising that probably it is too much equipment is connected to internet the same time and we need to upgrade our speed. It is funny, very very funny as instead of apology and repair company trying to make more out of customers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12 (161 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by IrinaMit
‎12-04-2017 17:11

Hi IrinaMit,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can imagine how frustrating all this must be for you all and I can only apologise again for the inconvenience.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12 (58 Views)

Today is 12/04/2017 I was told it will be a review day for our problem. It is evening now no answer at all. No information or anything. It is still the same problem with internet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12 (42 Views)

Hi IrinaMit,

Thanks for posting back here.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 12th May.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12 (38 Views)

Thank you.
0 Kudos