Menu
phicuong2202
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Low connection

Hi there!

I am living in Nr7 Noriwch, can you please double check that why I have pay 100 mbps, but we have only 5mbps from 6Pm to 11pm. This happened in there more than 2 months, can you please be quick check it. We don't want to lose ours money for nothing. And only my house happen for a long time. it is unacceptable for the services of VM. I'm really up set and disappointed.

We have class from 10 am until 6pm, it's so tired, and just want to use computer but we just have 5 mbps, we cannot do anything, event youtube.

Can you please double check and reply my post please. 

Thank you

Cuong

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low connection

Hi Cuong

Slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
phicuong2202
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low connection

Hi Scott,

Thank for replying my post. But I cannot accept this problem, because it only happens in my house, the last year i lived in another place but the same road in this year, the connection is still good. Can i ask the VM to refund my money, then i can switch to another Brand ? I have enough evidence that day by day of my connection, it is horrible. I don't think in the UK, it could be happened. I'm so sorry but the services of VM is so bad, they not even send me any mail about this problem. And i think the reputation of VM could be reduced.

Thank you,

Cuong

0 Kudos