Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14 (127 Views)

Re: Hi woodfieldmark, I can see that you have already been ad...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for the reply, but I've reached the end of my tether with your poor service provision, and the credits just don't sufficiently compensate for a 1mb download speed at peak times. The fact that this problem has been present for 1 year and pre-upgrade work is yet to be completed speaks volumes about your practices; I guess it's cheaper for Virgin to oversell without consideration for the impact on performance and then offer paltry credits, rather than plan and maintain an infrastructure that is fit for purpose.

Thanks for the offer of updates, but I intend to be with another ISP very soon.

Mark
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14 (105 Views)

Re: Hi woodfieldmark, I can see that you have already been ad...

Just a quick update for this thread following a call to Virgin to discuss cancellation. 

Although unable to tell me whether the resolution required a quick change to a cab or digging up a major road in Area 04, the very helpful call centre bod suggested that the system showed that the estimated fix - not review, I intentionally clarified this - date was April 5th, with works to be completed in March.  He of course explained that this was subject to change, but I'd say that's a certainty rather than a possibility based on past experience.

Virgin, if you want people to retain your services despite very poor network performance, perhaps tell customers specifically what you need to do and when you intend to do it.  If those plans change, update said customers with the reason for the change and new details - if I knew what was going on I'd possibly be more inclined to persevere if it was evident that progress was actually being made, rather than blindly wait in the hope that the goalposts don't move back another 3 months due to undisclosed reasons.

On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14 (44 Views)

Re: Low bb speed in DY8 Norton , 04 area

Hi

I would be grateful for an update on the clearance of this fault. Appears to be getting worse with speeds of 10% of planned speeds around 6pm onwards.

.At times speed dropping even further with buffering when streaming channels. 

Week end speeds even worse

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14 (34 Views)

Re: Low bb speed in DY8 Norton , 04 area

Hi Lucks,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Apologies you are still having an issue with the broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket (F004518297) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 29th March. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

For more updates, by all means post back here nearer the review date and we will check this again for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos