Menu
markironside
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Long Term Issue in EH5

Anyone else having issues in North Edinburgh?

We are on the 152Mb service and it was great up to a few months ago - we were getting full speed day and night.

For the last few months, we have been lucky to get 40 in the evenings. Average about 15-25 and sometimes as low as 3.

Anyone else seeing issues? If this is the way it's going to be, I'm tempted to downgrade my package as I'm paying for speeds I'm not actually seeing any more.

0 Kudos
markironside
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long Term Issue in EH5

Forgot to add this result from just now. 24.66 down, 12.03 up

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4502502968.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markironside,

Thanks for coming by to us here and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some speed issues there in the home, especially in the evenings.

I've tested the connection and the Hub is testing well, which is always a good sign.

Unfortunately I did notice a fault at the address and the network team planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

The Networking team will be carrying out some work on this as soon as possible. Someone will be with you regarding the outage in question F002394690.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
markironside
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So here we are in Dec and tonight's speed test is 18 down 7 up when I used to get the full 152Mb. Any idea when this is going to be fixed - it's getting really annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey markironside,

Sorry to hear that problems are ongoing for you, I know how frustrating that must be.

Our engineers are still working on F002394690, at the moment we have a review date of 27/01/2016.  There aren't any further updates just now, but we'll keep an eye on things for you and provide you an update once we know more.

If you want to check on things in the meantime, feel free to give this thread a bump.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
markironside
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

OK,

We are now at the end of Feb and things seem to be getting worse rather than better. Any news on that fix that was supposed to be completed? Last couple of evenings has been dreadful. Buffering all the time.

Need to get this sorted ASAP or I guess I'll have to find an alternative.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi markironside,

I'm so sorry to hear things are getting worse lately.  

The review date for the ongoing work in the area remains at 16/03/2016 at the moment.  We'll keep checking this, but it's likely we won't know more until closer to the date.

We'll keep you posted.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Burgess007
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I lost all broadbandspeed yesterday, we are connected to the network but there is absolutely no web available. I was told 26th March for a fix date but that's a month away! I'm EH5 too. Any updates?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Burgess007,

I'm sorry to hear you suffered problems with your connection yesterday.  I've tried looking into this for you, but I'm afraid I couldn't locate any details for your connection at this time.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to get some details so I can test the connection.  Get back to me when you get chance and I'll run some tests to find out what's going on.

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Burgess007,

Thanks for the reply to my PM Smiley Happy

I've run some checks and can see you're affected by a different fault to the OP.  The reference for your fault is F004176727 and the current review date is 23/03/2016, could I ask you post a new thread for any updates on that please, so we can keep this thread relevant to the issue that's affecting markironside.

In regards to your loss of speeds, I don't see any reasons for this on the network or the hub.  All the stats look good when I test things, could you let us know if that persists please?

Kev

0 Kudos