Menu
andouk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Long Load Times and Ping Spikes

Been having this issue for the past week or so now, long load times on websites and ping spikes in games such as Battlefield 1 and Call Of Duty and Titanfall 2, have done a tracert and appears time outs and long ping requests are the cause.

I know this is not a fault with these particular games or websites as many others are affected also, i've also gone behind a VPN and face no such issues.

I've attached screenshots of this happening, always times out on the third hop and many many more later on down the line for certain websites, have tested a good few more but don't see the point of adding any more, seems to be a clear problem IMO

2017-03-09 20_10_40-Select Administrator_ Command Prompt.png2017-03-09 20_11_44-Administrator_ Command Prompt.png2017-03-09 20_12_00-Administrator_ Command Prompt.png2017-03-09 20_15_35-Administrator_ Command Prompt.png2017-03-09 20_15_51-Administrator_ Command Prompt.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long Load Times and Ping Spikes

No response to ICMP (ping) from Hop 3 (or 4 in one case) is just some infrastructure configured to not reply to the ping.

Its the hop where your latency shoots up (outside VM's network in all cases) that is the issue.

andouk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did not know that, thanks for the info.

Faced this same issue last year and was a fault in the area, same symptoms etc assuming it's the same again, only way to really prove it was with a tracert unless someone can tell me a different way

Here's the same issue from last year, just so I don't look like a crazy person Smiley Happy

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Facebook-Loading-100mb/m-p/3099247#M110867

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Each case/issue tends to be individual.  Learning to read the stats you are posting will help toward finding your issue Smiley Wink Please dont think Im being patronising, Its a learning curve for all of us. Taking the timed out hops out of the equation...

Your screencaps in order...

1 Everything's cushty till hop 9 which could be read as showing increased latency. But its likely not really, its just reached ebays load balancing so does not reply unless its idle.

2. Everything fine

3. An issue in prolexics network? maybe  so, its showing a latency spike, but wed need to know where those hops are located to see if thats normal or not- could would be a transatlantic hop...

4. No issue.

The problem with what you've posted is that its to different servers at different times- not the servers  you are having issues with.  Which , in your defence, is exactly what we would look for if it were a general problem with your connection- This looks more like specific servers.

What platform are you playing on? How is it connecting to your HUB? Can you run a couple of tracerts to the actual game servers you are playing on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andouk, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there are a few things going on, firstly I can see a little bit of slow speeds on the upstreams during peak hours. 

Secondly I can also see some FECS on the connection. I have also raised this to networks as this could be the cause of the Ping you have been seeing. 

As soon as I know more I will let you know. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andouk, 

Just as a quick update fault ref F005163750 has been raised for slow speeds at peak times. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andouk, 

Just as another quick additional message just had word back from networks that a fault has also been raised for SNR and FECS ref F005163775. The current review date is 21/03/2017. I will keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as I know more. 

I can see you have just popped me a PM so I will take a look at that now. 

Many thanks

Emma

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andouk, 

Just a quick update on fault ref F005163775 for SNR and FECS has been resolved. 

If you do notice anything out of the ordinary on the connection let me know and I will always be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

andouk
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still the same or it's happened again days later, finding myself having to use a proxy or vpn near enough everywhere now to avoid long load times, tbh I think i've been fobbed off and the issue was never fixed.

0 Kudos
andouk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No change, still the same problems, just one of the pages I can't get to load at all without going through a proxy/vpn

uk.camelcamelcamel.com for anyone wondering this website is used to check previous amazon prices

0 Kudos