Menu
ryanmccrickerd
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

London W8, Area 21, 1Mbps broadband.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to make the following extremely clear: for the entirety of the time that I have reluctantly used virgin media (2 years), I have been, and still am, a very unsatisfied customer.

More than that, in fact: virgin media has deeply printed the impression on me of providing an embarrassment of a service and, accordingly, I am a little embarrassed to be associated with it.

I am presently paying £45 a month for an unused phone number, a TV package which as far as I am aware is Freeview (excluding Netflix), and 1Mbps broadband. How utterly tragic it is that I feel obliged to spend some of my Friday evening telling you.

What exactly will be done about this farce? This is not rhetorical - please, someone, tell me, so I can finally end our long-lingering relationship or be reassured there is a speck of sense somewhere in what you offer. 

And please, please, please STOP wasting so much paper in order to share your chronically idiotic offer letters with me. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: London W8, Area 21, 1Mbps broadband.

Hi ryanmccrickerd,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004479383 and has a review date of 5th April.

As this will impact your connection during peak hours, do you notice these speeds outside these hours?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ryanmccrickerd
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, 

Are you suggesting that this fault will not be fixed until April?

If so, given that this fault started at least as early as December, why have you not offered reduced fees for everyone in my area?

I presume you will allow me to terminate my contract, if I want to, given you are not delivering what our contract says? That would be delightful.

Please answer all three of my questions.

Thank you, Ryan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ryanmccrickerd wrote:

Hi Sam, 

Are you suggesting that this fault will not be fixed until April?

If so, given that this fault started at least as early as December, why have you not offered reduced fees for everyone in my area?

I presume you will allow me to terminate my contract, if I want to, given you are not delivering what our contract says? That would be delightful.

Please answer all three of my questions.

Thank you, Ryan

Actually it will be reviewed in April., they may then have a fix date or they might review it again later in the Year

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault, this is a review date and can be subject to change due to the work that is required. To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

With relation to the contract we are unable to process this online and I would advise to call through to our Customer Services department on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ryanmccrickerd
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So if I call, I will be able to terminate my contract?

The last time I called, I waited for 10 minutes, then the line cut out, so it will help to know this.

0 Kudos