Menu
cruick
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Liverpool 15. Normally get 150mb, now getting around 40mb

Is anyone else having issues in the L15 area? Losing around 100mb DL speed today but all indicators are there are now problems according to an internet search. Tried the usual - resetting the hub, unplugging ten mins, and so on. If anyone has had similar issues I would appreciate if you could let me know. Otherwise, will phone Virgin tomorrow. 

On a related note, my Virgin media phone line stopped working some months ago and the Bill has gone up three times in a year. This not be the place to mention this, but what's up with that?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Liverpool 15. Normally get 150mb, now getting around 40mb

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

AgentP
Dialled in
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've been with VM now for i would say a little over 3-4 yrs and have notice the service getting worse and worse.

It does improve for a little while but still lacks. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't fixed by this time next year, if you see my other posts in my history you will see what i mean! I can just hope and pray!

0 Kudos
symbolrate
Joining in
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am getting the same problem. They have just upgraded me to 100Mb/s and I am only just about getting 40Mb/s. I never know why they bother with upgrades if not realistic. On a speedtest with speedtest.net, was getting serious issues with latency and very slow speeds <10Mb/s to a server in Preston, 50miles away yet was getting 35Mb/s to a server in southern Italy, not known for the best speeds. I'd like to know if there are outages at all since the status on the website only gives a problem with Windows 10 while I am using Windows 7. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
cruick
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Been a few days now and still no change. Speed is dropping most evenings and am lucky to get a third of my DL speed. Any chance one of the mods could let us know if there's an issue in the Liverpool 15 area? Many thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi cruick

Welcome back to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds.

When I checked the network, I did notice the traffic running high during peak hours. I've raised this to our networks department for further investigation. Once there is more information I will let you know. 

Also if you would like one of my colleagues to check the land line for you by all means pop a post in the Virgin Phone board and they will check that for you.

I'll be in touch soon.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cruick
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Aha, that makes sense. It's been a bit up and down for a few weeks now. Yes, I shall get on the phone issue. Thanks for the reply. Any further news about the DL speeds in my area would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
cruick
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Friday night and the crappy speed is back. Having trouble loading Facebook even. Any development on this in my area? Has been weeks now. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

This looks to be a peak time contention issue forming. As there are many examples on this forum of this you will see review date after review date and could take a couple years to solve based on all the other examples on here. If they come back with a fault number and confirm it to be this it is going to be a long process and do not take any notice of the review dates as they are not fix dates. All you will be able to do is claim compensation for poor speeds using the fault number given.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi cruick

Sorry for the late reply.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault that I raised to networks, the reference number is F004398319 and with a review date of 31st August.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some more information.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

As we thought a contention issue, you need to use the fault reference and phone up and ask for ongoing credit for the issues you are suffering.

This will be a long wait I am afraid as the date you have been given is only a review date and not a fix date. All what will happen when the time comes is they will push it back again. That is why it is important for you to claim the credit back as it could potentially be years. 

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
cruick
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Ok, got a mail about this: F004398319 new review date of 26/10/16. I'm really wondering how this fault hasn't been addressed in six months? I'm not ranting here, I'm just kinda baffled by how you can justify putting up the price of my Virgin package (again) when I have been receiving a diminished service for six months! I'd really like some answers to be honest, because I am very much few up with getting between 40-50mb average download speeds when it should be 150mb and paying 80 quid a month for the privilege. 

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sadly this is the way the service has degraded at VM. Sure there will be loads of customers who's service is perfect but for those of us with utilisation faults it's a painful wait - just look at my sig line, my next review is due at the end of September however retentions have already told me this isn't getting fixed before the end of November Smiley Sad

I've already started looking into alternative providers as VM seem in no great hurry to resolve the problems in Liverpool.

0 Kudos