Menu
SLMB
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lewisham SE13

Since July there have been slow speeds or unable to connect (I called about this) I have had to use all my data on my mobile to work and play. Please can someone advise when the problem that pops up every time I run a test with the virgin website. I haven't wasted time or money calling for virgin to comfirm there is a fault I do hope I will be compensated for the length of time the service has been not functioning correctly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lewisham SE13

Hi SLMB, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that your broadband has been slow or unable to connect for a while, I apologise for any bother, let's try and get this sorted.

I have tested things from this end and I couldn't notice anything out of the ordinary everything looks great! 

Are you still having issues? If so, how are you connected, wired or wireless?

Also, when do these issues occur, all times of day or just specific times?

Please respond to me here and I'll look into this further for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SLMB
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,

I have just work out how to reply.

Yes still so slow I have having use my data on iPads and phones as extremely slow and takes ages to load pages.

EE is for G inside is faster than my Wi-Fi even with every device is turned off and only one device using it I've just had to spend 6 pounds on the data bundle to increase my limit as I have to use the data at home 

When using the TV it also takes ages to load each individual page 

0 Kudos
SLMB
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have run numerous tests through my virgin media account which I'm sure you would be able to see to show every time I have checked sometimes it does say there is a fault and sometimes it says there is not a fault but every time Internet is quite slow .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning SLMB,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I checked your account and can see an issue with the upstream power levels and there has been a high amount of T4 time-outs within a short space of time. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

In the meantime have you completed speed tests through a wired connection to see what speeds you achieve?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos