Menu
barryww
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lewisham SE13 Evening Speed Atrocious

For months now speeds on my 160mb (!!) broadband have been poor during the evenings. Over the last month or so it has got progressively worse and apps such as iPlayer are now unusable during the evening. I'm part of VM's Samknows monitoring group and so have stats collected about my connection. I've attached a graph showing download speed snapshots from the Samknows monitoring at hourly intervals over the last week.

My question is when is this going to get addressed - not when it's up for review, just when will it get fixed? Frankly, I find it scandalous that VM are allowed to continue to sell connections in this area and continue to charge existing users for a service they simply cannot provide. I know in my business if I did that I wouldn't have a business for long. A VM response beyond the usual platitudes would be welcome.chart_1480928364.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lewisham SE13 Evening Speed Atrocious

Hey there barryww,

Thanks for joining the community, you're very welcome Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read about your connection problems, I appreciate the graphs and diagnostics you've done so far.

I want to double check I'm looking at the correct account as it's under a different name.

I'll just confirm your details via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
halfback1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I live in SE12 and suffer the same problems with speed in the evening.  A technician came to my house last week.  There was nothing they could do.   I was told it was all down to the asbestos problem at the Lewisham station.   Apparently it's been down since December 2015.  Apparently it was due to be reopened on 29th March.  I've still seen no improvement.  Did Virgin ever get back to you?

0 Kudos
barryww
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've had my modem 'tuned' so now get about 8meg in the evening enough to use iPlayer but still a tiny fraction of what I pay for. It's time the regulator did something about these companies charging full price for something they don't deliver. It'll be interesting to see if it improves now if they can actually do work in the exchange.

0 Kudos