Menu
Area31pain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Let's make a noise area 31!

I'm in area 31, St ALBANS, with a supposed 100mb line. I say supposed, as every evening for the past 6 months I get 3-5 mbps! Remember those speeds back in 2000?

So having complained numerous times, the answer has always been, 'We're aware of the utilisation issue and we are working on upgrade. The new lines are in and they are just testing. This upgrade will be complete and go live end of Feb' great I thought, end is in site, so come end of Feb I'm still getting 3-5mps. So I call ..

'Sorry sir, it has not been pushed back to July!!' July. Really!? How can this timeline slip by 5 months! I thought it was ready to go pending final testing!?! The unofficial answer i.e off the record, is that they probably won't even get it done by then - don't hold your breath. Yes, even their customer service team have no faith in the network team. Apparently there is no transparency. No one knows what the network team are doing. No accountability whatsoever.

So who else is having the same issues? Who else in area 31 thinks July (and probably never) is unacceptable?

Virgin - what is your reply to this and to the many people in this area being fed false information and buying a miss-labeld and advertised product?

I think the only way forward is a class suit, for which I will look into unless Virgin can admit a failure in service and commit to a fix ASAP.

We await your response Virgin.

Helpful Answers
nickh
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Let's make a noise area 31!

I'm in St Albans and getting similar speeds.  I have no confidence that it will be fixed in July given it's been on-going for over a year and getting worse month by month.

As a VirginMedia representative admitted when I spoke to them, if you're looking for a more reliable broadband service then it's best to look at alternative supplier!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum team take around a week to respond currently from your last post on your thread. If you keep making your 'noise' and bumping you won't get a reply as you will keep going to the back of the queue.

Maybe it's worth staying shush for a bit for your reply?

Nice of you to let the poor new customers know of their upcoming issue. Oh wait you didn't so your apathy isn't helping either yourself or customers either. Every new customer is just going to make your own speeds worse too. Keep making the noise behind a keyboard, instead of helping when you see a situation that clearly needs it, and one that you dissapprove of so much.

Have you taken your complaint higher and gone to CISAS for compensation / free release from the contract?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos

All Replies
Area31pain
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any response Virgin? Have you seen how many people are posting messages about poor speed in St Albans and Area 31? Do you think this service is acceptable?

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm in St Albans and getting similar speeds.  I have no confidence that it will be fixed in July given it's been on-going for over a year and getting worse month by month.

As a VirginMedia representative admitted when I spoke to them, if you're looking for a more reliable broadband service then it's best to look at alternative supplier!

Area31pain
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's shocking Nikh!

So Virgin, any response? Maybe this extra info will help motivate you to reply ..

Today on the high street in St Albans, your Virgin sales team are out in force trying to signup new customers to your brandband services! Clearly this means you have absolutley NO REGARD for new customers or existing ...

I saw a guy signing up for a new package - poor guy, he'll move from BT, or who ever else he was with, and discover that he has made the worse decision - he now has 3-5mbps per night. You clearly don't care about him ..

And for existing customers, the utilisation issue gets worse, you clearly dont care about us.

So Virgin, do you think selling a product WHICH YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DELIVER, or MAKING THE SERVICE FOR YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMERS EVEN WORSE, is ethically or morally right?

You have the right of reply - will you take it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum team take around a week to respond currently from your last post on your thread. If you keep making your 'noise' and bumping you won't get a reply as you will keep going to the back of the queue.

Maybe it's worth staying shush for a bit for your reply?

Nice of you to let the poor new customers know of their upcoming issue. Oh wait you didn't so your apathy isn't helping either yourself or customers either. Every new customer is just going to make your own speeds worse too. Keep making the noise behind a keyboard, instead of helping when you see a situation that clearly needs it, and one that you dissapprove of so much.

Have you taken your complaint higher and gone to CISAS for compensation / free release from the contract?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning Area31pain,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003980990) and our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 7th June. As this is a review date is can be subject to change due to the work that is required which can include implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc.

To discuss this further, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
oiky
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i can't believe the amount of people this is happening to in areas other than mine.

Leaving VM is the only solution. ignore the shills on here, it will just get put back or marked as 'fixed' when it isn't

check your contract end date. mark it in your calendar with a happy face. 30 days before then, phone up and cancel. you'll feel all the better for it

0 Kudos
wonko
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's what I did and it was a very good decision. BT supply me with 72Mbps all day every day. People look only at the headline figures, but they are meaningless unless you can actually achieve them. A consistent 72Mpbs is much better than a flaky 200Mbps.

/Unsurprisingly I am still waiting for the refund VM owe me after cancelling.This is well over a month after being disconnected. They will irritate you to the very end and beyond!

0 Kudos
Area31pain
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam for your reply.

Basically it looks like there is no definitive date that this will be solved for all of us suffering from using a product which doesn't do what is advertised.

Can you let us know then, why we should stay with Virgin? And also whether Virgin thinks this approach to treating customers is acceptable?

Look forward to your reply.
0 Kudos