Menu
grahamjohnson10
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Let's Collect Evidence Of VM's Poor Service

I have been looking into the very poor service that VM have been giving for over a week.

To say it's a nightmare is an understatement, I have been using https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/ and setup a search column "@virginmedia" and been watching in real time complaints flooding in.

I have also been looking at http://testmy.net/memberstats?type=host&q=virgin_media&TestType=D&limit=500

From looking at the results on the website I'm more than sure this speed issue is affecting the whole VM network and is not localized.

I have setup an automatic speed test that will carry out 500 tests at an interval of 5 minutes.

You can view my results here http://testmy.net/quickstats/grahamjohnson10

I have also setup a BQM monitor at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/678dedea8628d5cfbf1be8e72d194c3b.html

Next week I will be getting data from https://medium.com/speedtest-by-ookla to backup my suspicions. 

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Let's Collect Evidence Of VM's Poor Service

You think your graph is bad?? have a look at this: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/d3fce38387cb9849bd4f82c3ca428e87.html

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Why? It's all here. 431 pages and 12,930 posts on this forum.

How much more evidence do you need? 

VirginMedia clearly aren't concerned about it, otherwise they'd do something about it.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
grahamjohnson10
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They will once a class action lawsuit is in swing.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin know about it, they don't care about it,

all they are interested in is screwing as many customers as they can, for as much as they can, for as long as they can, for as little effort as possible.

The sales people LIE to you, the 'Customer service' LIE to you, and they just IGNORE any complaints, even to the 'CEO's office' (big joke HE is!!)

Even the so called 'engineers' (another BIG joke) LIE to you

LG/VM obviously been to the 'Donald Trump' school of business, motto 'be as rude as you can, to as many as you can and ignore those who you can't frighten off'  

There are areas that have had problems for YEARS, yet still VM sell into these areas, lying to customers that there are 'no problems' and refusng to do anything about sorting out the shambles..Most of the network is currently 'over utilised' yet still VM are allowed to 'con' people...

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I honestly don't think they care.

This is a public forum. Anyone can read what's posted here, including senior VM management and the regulators, yet nothing changes. There are people posting here that have been waiting for more than two years for a fix. If VM cared about those people then they would have resolved their problems a long time ago.

The best thing to do is to take your business elsewhere — if you can. 

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ours is fine always has been currently 194mb at 337am. drops down to 100mb during the day but that's enough for us. friends not had any problems. they usually come to me if they have a general query because they know i come on here. it's the same as the tvo issue people have on here. never had any problems it's quick and never lags. the updates during the night can be irritating but they have to be done at some time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@grahamjohnson10

The problems are localised, it's not just 1 country wide problem. For example a fix in a town in Cornwall will not effect a town in Scotland.

Over utilization happens across the country, yes. But each individual case is quite localised to quite a small area, and they all need fixing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
ours is fine always has been currently 194mb at 337am. drops down to 100mb during the day but that's enough for us. friends not had any problems. they usually come to me if they have a general query because they know i come on here. it's the same as the tvo issue people have on here. never had any problems it's quick and never lags. the updates during the night can be irritating but they have to be done at some time.

It depends on your definition of fine. If you're paying full price, but only getting half the speed during the day and you're happy with that, then that's fine.

If it was me I'd ask VM for a discount or I'd drop my broadband to the 100Mb/s service if that's the best they can provide. I'm certainly not happpy that I can only get the best out of my broadband at 3.30 in the morning because that's when I'm asleep. I currently get a hefty discount on my bill because of diminished (to almost non-existent) service during peak times.

Without doubt there's a sizeable minority with problems with their service. Coupled with the length of time it takes to "fix" the issues and the fact that many of the "fixes" are temporary things don't look great for a lot of VM customers right now. For example, I saw one customer being told on this forum that their fault would not even be reviewed until December 2017 (that's not a typo). There was an apology, but no mention of a discount — don't ask, don't get seems to be he policy. VM aren't exactly proactive.

I hope it doesn't happen to you, but if and when it does, I think you'll appreciate the frustrations that many of us have in trying to arrive at a happy resolution. It's a long and difficult journey, dealing with a company whose processes and customer services seem to be deliberately opaque.

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Every evening I get this.

0 Kudos