Menu
AndyM01
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Less than 30mbs on Vivid200

Had slow internet for a while but thought I would ask the question now that I'm totally fed up of it. I get about 26mbps off peak (like 2200 hours) and even less during peak times although I'm on Vivid 200.

The speed checks have always been wired and using Ookla.

Any suggestions. It's that slow I don't even bother turning the Xbox One on now.

Help please.
0 Kudos
baverstockc
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Less than 30mbs on Vivid200

Which area are you in? There are a few of us in Area 20 on similar connections having the same issue

0 Kudos
AndyM01
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area01.

It's a shocker. My old BT line was faster.
0 Kudos
stanners980
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Currently experiencing less than 10Mbs!! On a 50Mbs package!!! Smiley Sad My wife is ready to cancel everything and switch providers!
0 Kudos
AndyM01
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'll be doing the same unfortunately I think. Just going to capture the speeds each day and then have a conversation with Virgin over it.

Understand you never get the full speed but 10% is poor.
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Am in Area01 Wigan WN6 usual connection tonight on my super fast 200Mbps connection.

A shade over my standard 5Mbps, bet VM think am being unreasonable complaining about their 'upto' speeds again.. 

bbtest 03012017.png 

0 Kudos
AndyM01
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thats ridiculous. Wouldn't mind if it was pennies but it's not cheap!!
I know others in St Helens who have ditched Virgin and gone to Sky or BT and are now getting over 40 Mbps on a much cheaper deal.
0 Kudos
Maccapj
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 31.

Tried on a number of different speed checks. Highest speed reached...27

Disappointed to say the least
0 Kudos
AndyM01
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Only been on this forum half an hour and it looks like everyone is experiencing the same issue but not getting any assistance from VM at all!
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Am sadly stuck as no fiber here other than VM, only lived here for 7 months and was told by the team (of balloons) when moving that i could transfer my 200Mbps connection from my old address 2 minutes away no problem and there was no faults in the area.  Only to find the area is overloaded now for over 12months..

Been given a load of bull that a fix is due on X date but like everyone else it never happens

I wouldn't be that cheesed off if i had not been lied to by every member of the VM team i had contact with in the 2 months when i first moved here..

its no excuse saying the sales dont know about the faults or the offshore support dont have access to the faults.. They are treated as is there not part of the VM empire and the top brass turn a blind eye to these disgusting tactics.. 

0 Kudos