Menu
AikenDrum
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Less than 20Mbps on 200Mbps for last 3 evenings

It has been like this for 3 nights, its fine until around 8pm then I lose 90% of my speed, my latency goes through the roof and streaming from iPlayer or Amazon or Netflix becomes difficult at any acceptable quality. Next morning speed and latency back to normal.

Tonight I have spent far too long trying to raise a fault with Virgin on the phone, with no success. 

After being on hold for 12 minutes I get cut off, I ring up again, go through the same pointless automated questions about my account and the get "passed to someone who can help" which transferred to a message saying "someone will be able to help within 5 mins" then the same nauseating distorted hold music for 12 mins and then get cut off again....

If you cant answer my call just say so, dont keep me on hold for 12 minutes and then just hang up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Less than 20Mbps on 200Mbps for last 3 evenings

Afternoon AikenDrum,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've run some checks on your broadband connection, the line and the hub have come back as fine which is good. However high peak time traffic in your area is causing the slow speeds you have been experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003908457 and with a review date of 7th December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos