Menu
brandon92
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving contract early with high utilisation

Has anyone managed to get out of their contract with virgin media early due to high utilisation?

We suffer badly with it in the evening in my area, so much so sometimes my 50mb internet connection struggles to get 1meg download. When you ring they give you a date, which has been changed since my problems started in November, now expected to cope until 13th of March (no doubt it wont be fixed by then)
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving contract early with high utilisation

I had utilisation issues at my previous address, 3 years of "It will be fixed by this date" and it never got fixed.

I never managed to get out of my contract early due to it, I used a price increase at the time as a reason to leave without penalty.

The way my connection looks now, I am led to believe the utilisation issues are now present at my current address.  

My speeds are speedtesting at less than 100mb but my games don't have any form of latency or packet loss.

I have an engineer coming on Wednesday to fit a replacement hub.  If the replacement hub does not fix my issues then I'm giving my notice after christmas.

I've deliberately kept my account out of contract with Virgin so if it is back they will get my notice and I'll give Sky a call.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@hortonj88

Only thing i can say regarding Christmas is it causes A LOT of temporary utilization due to most people being off work/school etc.

If it's got utilization and it's a longer standing fault that's different though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
brandon92
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nope its nothing to do with Christmas.

We live on a new build estate, all houses prewired for vm. I know some people have had issues since January. Its been affecring us since October, typically just after i had renewed our contract with them and was out of cooling off period

We have been given a date of 13th of March, but i had dates for november, december and January given too me at one point or another
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@shafreya

wouldn't utilisation cause gaming and surfing latency though?

I get good pings to World of Warcraft, Overwatch and EUW LOL.
Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@shafreya

I had a phone call Tuesday night from 0345 454 1111 confirming my area is oversubscribed.

My instinct was right, nothing to do with christmas.
0 Kudos