Menu
schorley
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

(Lack of) Speed issues - NW6

Hi

Pretty frequently our internet connection slows to an absolute crawl in the evening. By a crawl I mean I recorded a speed test with 0.11 Mbps download and 0.02 Mbps upload... It makes doing anything with our internet connection difficult to say the least - what is going on ? Is there anything that can be done !?

S

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: (Lack of) Speed issues - NW6

Hi there schorley,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, the upstream power is locked onto one channel and running too high at + 57 dBmV. For this I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003948570 and has a review date of 3rd January 2018.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davdav
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

There is indeed an issue everyday with speed. It has already been almost a year that those works keep getting delayed and speed is down every evening and week end now to less than 1Mbps. 

Can you please let us know what is the blocking point for it to be resolved? Clearly, paying such a high cost to get fiber and having such a low speed most of the time doesn't work, so i would like to know what is being done to resolve the issue  please.

It is not acceptable to provide this kind of speed levels for a fiber that is supposed to be at 50MBps. 

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
schorley
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to bring this up again, just like davdav the speed issues are just continuing. Please see this speed test I just did (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1494964917619951255)

The speed is less than 5 percent of the advertised rate !
If you're not going to fix it then who can I speak to about getting some (retroactive) compensation ??
0 Kudos
schorley
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And another day of poor speed although it's up at 2Mbps today!

Anyone at virgin have any comments to make ?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1495049723559034155
0 Kudos
davdav
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

same here...

1.5mb/sec today

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1495051350712025455

could someone from virgin interact with us?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there schorley,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to the slow speeds, this will be due to the high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davdav
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

it would be good if you could come back to me as well...

thanks

0 Kudos