Menu
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

[LIVERPOOL USERS] We need to take this further, I've posted to the Liverpool subreddit on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Liverpool/comments/5gyqp5/on_virgin_media_and_getting_super_slow_speeds/

We need more exposure about what is going on here, I'm trying to get some wider coverage on the problem as I'm tired of being fobbed off and made to jump through hoops.

I'll try contacting the Echo and maybe /r/unitedkingdom

Lets get something done about this, I'm tired of VM's shenanigans. 

fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: [LIVERPOOL USERS] We need to take this further, I've posted to the Liverpool subreddit on Reddit

I doubt that its a simple thing as "flicking a switch" to cure the contention issues your area has, but I would like to know what is actually involved in the process, and what is a reasonable time span for it to be resolved.,

Good luck with your issue, but I doubt it will be fixed as easily as you would like it to be. All you can do at the moment is call in each month and claim back the credit.

Not ideal I know, but at least it's something ..
0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: [LIVERPOOL USERS] We need to take this further, I've posted to the Liverpool subreddit on Reddit

I'm not asking for it to be fixed. I know it can't be fixed easily.

What I'd like is:

1. Not to be fobbed off with excuses to keep us quiet.
  2. Not to have to constantly get engineers out and jump through hoops.(See 1.)
  3. To be compensated for internet 150 times slower every day while paying £43 per month for 150-200mbps.
  4. For Virgin Media to announce there is an issue to affected customers, whether they know about the issue or not.
  5. For Virgin Media to advertise the speeds that THEY CAN deliver and charge us accordingly.
  6. To stop signing up new users for 150-200mbps if they can't provide it. 
  7. Their customer service agents to not put the phone down on me(I didn't even get to say a word the last time I called).

Right now they're getting away with false advertising and maybe even fraud. 

I don't know what I'm paying for. Yes, I do, snake oil.

cruick
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Feeling your pain tbh. I haven't been getting my advertised speeds for some time in the Liverpool are. My last few posts here haven't received any replies or attention from a forum mod/VM rep of any kind. 

pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here in L12. Had to contact the Chief Executives office to try and get some answers.

What I've been told is there is an area issue in Liverpool that won't be resolved till Feb at the latest. This date has been put back on 3 occasions that I'm aware of so could be put back further again.

Currently I'm getting as low as 5mb and paying for 200mb. Awful service, wish I had never left Sky.

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you are in Area 01 (Knowsely head-end, includes outskirts of Liverpool) they've started upgrading it now, I'm in St Helens and have been told my connection will be moved to a new system in the coming days so there is finally light at the end of the tunnel after 2 years of awful speeds.

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd love to hope that there was an imminent fix but I don't have much hope at the moment given the last "fix" actually made it worse. No broadband service at £40+ a month should be like this.

CzBvsHyWQAE_9kf.jpg

I think it's about time Liverpool customers were given the truth and perhaps some media exposure to this is what's needed as I'm getting fed up of the boiler plate "we're working hard to fix it" responses.

They seem to forget that customers might be paying 3rd parties for services (netflix, xbox, amazon prime) and whilst this is going on these services are effectively unusable.

I've started using http://testmy.net/ to set up an automated speed test every 30 minutes and it's quite shocking how little real world time you could now consider is not impacted by utilisation!

0 Kudos
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been told the fix for Liverpool has been moved again, the new scheduled fix date is now 10/05/2017. This date has moved several times already.

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Would be useful to know if we're all under the same F number or if VM have multiple ones running for Liverpool

0 Kudos