Menu
Farhana
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up in Wolverhampton, already worried.

Due for an installation on the 8th of March. I am Area 04. I ordered the Vivid 200 Gamer package and moved from TalKTalk who gave me 30 mb on a 76 mb package. I'm now fearing the worst as when I looked up my area code on the forum, many people were complaining about speeds around 1 mb during peak times (in my area.) I realise the area 04 code does relate to quite a large area but I'm in WV10 of that helps. What should I expect and did I make a mistake by switching?

Summary:
•200 mb gamer package
•Area 04
•WV10 postal code
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just signed up in Wolverhampton, already worried.

As complaints mentioning that postcode are mostly over 6 months old, it may have been resolved.

Best thing to do is as soon as you are connected, run speed-tests at various times of day- Use a PC with a known gigabit NIC and CAT5E or better cable.

If you are unhappy with the speeds, exercise your right to cancel within 14 days without penalty.

Farhana
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone aware of the 'review' date for Area 04, Wolverhampton? Also what is a 'review' date?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The faults are far more local than just area 4 or just Wolverhampton. There could be a fault in 1 street and find the next over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Farhana wrote:
Due for an installation on the 8th of March. I am Area 04. I ordered the Vivid 200 Gamer package and moved from TalKTalk who gave me 30 mb on a 76 mb package. I'm now fearing the worst as when I looked up my area code on the forum, many people were complaining about speeds around 1 mb during peak times (in my area.) I realise the area 04 code does relate to quite a large area but I'm in WV10 of that helps. What should I expect and did I make a mistake by switching?

Summary:
•200 mb gamer package
•Area 04
•WV10 postal code

Area 04 in Telford, which runs from Wolverhampton, my next review date is 05/04/17, a review date is just what it is, its a fix date that is required, I have been having review dates since March 2014 with no resolve.I would just get a lower bandwidth package first to see, then you still have 14 days to cancel the contract. So get ready for the disappointment.

Regards and good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy