Menu
economikz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just got off the phone to customer service...

Why do they automatically think you are on wireless? As soon as I mentioned that I'm on Ethernet cable he said he'd have to send an engineer. 

My problem is 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the VIVID 200 Gamer + No traffic management package and there was no problem up until yesterday night when my speeds started saying 1mb-10mb and it's still doing it... and the **bleep** on the phone said the earliest he can get an engineer is on Friday like isn't there Wednesday or Thursday?

Virgin Media need to stop this **bleep** it's really unfair you guys false advertise but you are happy to take our money

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just got off the phone to customer service...

Takes a while as there are not infinite engineers. They have what's called a booking system where people fill up the available slots for the engineers, this leads to people having to wait a couple days Smiley Wink

Would be false advertising if they took the 'up to' out of the packages speed, sadly it's still in there so it's not false advertising, even if it's morally wrong at points.

Now to the speeds, is it constantly that low all through the day or just nights? You may of been asked this in one of your many topics but I'm not digging so will just ask again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

they dont have people ready just for customers.

how many csutomers and how many installers.

Be patient ..least they dont charge

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

economikz wrote:

Why do they automatically think you are on wireless? As soon as I mentioned that I'm on Ethernet cable he said he'd have to send an engineer. 

Because you have to rule out other causes of low speeds 1st

economikz wrote:

My problem is 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the VIVID 200 Gamer + No traffic management package and there was no problem up until yesterday night when my speeds started saying 1mb-10mb and it's still doing it... and the **bleep** on the phone said the earliest he can get an engineer is on Friday like isn't there Wednesday or Thursday?

Virgin Media need to stop this **bleep** it's really unfair you guys false advertise but you are happy to take our money

You said it was fine until yesterday, which therefore implies something went bang somewhere. No one guarantees there will never be problems with a service, and even with openreach it can take a time to fix... ok with sky then, who have to go through openreach, my Dad had to wait a week for someone to fix a problem at a cabinet which had killed his internet totally.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi economikz, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look at your connection and it seems that you are affected by fault ref F005008070for slow speeds at peak times. I can see you did have an engineer booked but they would not have been able to resolve this issue from your side and it looks like the engineer was cancelled apologies for this you should have been advised at the point of contact that there was an open fault. 

The current review date is 12/04/2017. 

Do you find the speed improves outside of peak times? 

I am going to pop you a PM with some more information. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos