Menu
squig007
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just got 200 Mbps gamer installed yesterday, disappointed

As title says got 200mbps installed yesterday . To say I'm extremely disappointed is and understatement. I'm getting 50mbps at best slower than I was getting on Bt fibre . Wifi speed is ridiculous as well .I've tested it on different times still the same my pc has a gigabit network adapter and I use cat 6 cable plugged straight in . Is there a cooling of period I'm not putting up with this is rubbish
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
voicon
Up to speed
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just got 200 Mbps gamer installed yesterday, disappointed

chutwutt wrote:

calm down lad.

Im saying...the whole....blah im going to cancel without even checking options is silly to say the least.

No1 gets anywhere if they give up at the first hurdle, wrong attitude in life.

Simple....call them.....demand en installer check up visit....then moan after if that doesnt work.

You have to understand that people (customers) come on here are understandably frustrated with the fact they have VM broadband and it doesn't work correctly, it's not cheap and you expect a certain level of service especially when being first installed.

We are trying to help as you can see by my response here but you saying "point is check out your **** b4 throwin toys." I don't think helps. If you have anything useful to add like check logs, cables, etc then great but posts with made up words are pretty pointless.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You have 14 days to cancel if you're not happy.

Dave.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As said above you have 14 days from date of install to cancel, it may be worth waiting 4 or 5 days here or getting on the phone to see if VM can resolve your issue to save the hassle, depends when your install took place.

It may just be power levels on your hub, if you post up you hub logs it can also save time....

Open a browser window and input the URL 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 if in modem mode) and this should open up the hub's management screen.   Do NOT sign in but simply click on Router Status and post here the Upstream and Downstream stats.

0 Kudos
squig007
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Th router has been green for hours, I've rang three times , been on the phone over three hours one of the advisers hung up on me . Absolute nightmare I'm going back to BT is it possible to cancel this as it was only installed yesterday and just Keep the TV
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you can keep the TV but any deals that were offered to you as a new user are likely to go out of the window

post the upstream and downstream figures it might be as simple as that - tech should have got settings right but things can and do go wrong

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status  - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
DrunkMonk74
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same boat as OP. I had Virgin Gamer 200 installed yesterday. We just moved to East Dulwich, so yesterday was just moving in. Today we've started to unpack. I've just got the PC setup. I'm still using the SuperHub 3, PC is connected via wire directly to the SuperHub. It's Sunday evening, approx 21:30 and I'm currently getting these kinda speeds when doing a speed test:

SpeedTest.png

This is what the SuperHub status is saying

SuperHub.png

No idea if the SuperHub status is good or bad, but the speeds are diabolical. I called the support number and was told that there was a "utilisation" fault in the area. I was with Virgin years ago and heard these same things from them then, and seems it's still going on.

So just to confirm, if I only had Broadband installed yesterday, 1st April, (and I only took Broadband with Virgin), I have 14 days from the date of installation to cancel?

0 Kudos
DrunkMonk74
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

In a similar boat to OP. Moved into a new place yesterday, (Sat 1st April) and had Virgin come out and do the installation. I went for Vivid 200 Gamer as well.

Currently as of 22:42 on Sunday 2nd April, I'm getting about 28Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. I was getting better with BT when I was living out in the sticks, (we've just moved to SE22).

Below is a screen shot of my SuperHub 3 status. I'm on a desktop PC, gigabit ethernet port, connected directly to the SuperHub via a network cable, (Cat6).

SuperHub.png

0 Kudos
DrunkMonk74
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

P.S. I've tried swapping out the network cable and I get the same sort of results, ie. very poor performance.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

when I got Vm installed 2011....the installer just come round, connected the hub [net only].. tested it was working then left...he was cool.....

apart from wen ur new to vm....like I was...you know sod all

When I looked into this myself..my power levels were 20+ ..they should have been lower....prob is cabinet could not have been adjusted as I was on the best tap.

Crappy £1 attenuator sorted out the issue...Im talking wired though... wireless is your own thing to conquer.

point is check out your **** b4 throwin toys.

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

chutwutt wrote:

When I looked into this myself..my power levels were 20+ ..they should have been lower....prob is cabinet could not have been adjusted as I was on the best tap.

Crappy £1 attenuator sorted out the issue...Im talking wired though... wireless is your own thing to conquer.

point is check out your shizz b4 throwin toys.

What are you paying VM for then? Customers are well within their rights to get frustrated and cancel if they're not getting the service they're paying for. That includes engineers staying to finish the job they started and checking that power levels are correct before they leave. It also includes customer services dealing with enquiries promptly and not hanging up on customers after 3 hours of trying to resolve the problem. No customer should have to check out these issues for themselves, that's what we're paying VM for. It's not a case of throwing toys out of the pram, either. It's perfectly acceptable to complain when you're paying for a service that's not being delivered.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos