Menu
davethegeo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues (again) in EH13. Frequent dropping out

I notice at least once most days that broadband has dropped out. While this happens, status lights on the SuperHub 2 are; Ready light - flashing (should be steady blue) and WAN light flashes fast or very fast green (should blink blue).

Network Log from the superhub shows "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" while both the downstream and the upstream statuses are completely haywire.

I reported a broadband fault in the middle of all this and received updates for a week stating that the estimated repair time was always tomorrow. Broadband yesterday, broadband tomorrow, but never broadband today!

Getting a bit fed up with the unreliable service - esp as the price keeps going up. can anyone offer any advice please?

0 Kudos
davethegeo
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues (again) in EH13. Frequent dropping out

Since posting this yesterday, has happened again three times. Each time a loss of service for about 10 mins.

Grrr.

0 Kudos
davethegeo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And again this morning. This is getting ridiculous. Could it be the Superhub? 

downstream.PNGnetworklog.PNGstatus.PNGupstream.PNG

0 Kudos
davethegeo
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of speaking to a customer service rep on the phone. I just follow their script of turning off the router, counting to 10, 30 or 100 while facing the full moon, and the switching back on again. I try that before I call so it's no surprise it doesn't make a difference at any time over the last month. Still dropping out most days for a few times each day. Perhaps it's my fault and I wasn't doing the chanting correctly. Or it wasn't a full moon or something.

Any of the Forum Team here who can deviate from the script and help me please?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi davethegeo, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your frequent drop outs, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some tests on your connection from here and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will require an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos