Menu
Big-Gaz
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is this ok to do and will it affect my speed and/or powerlevels in a bad way?

Hi,

In the back bedroom, I have my SuperHub 3 and Tivo Box and is connected via a splitter from a wire that comes from the white box on the wall.

We are in the process or redecorating the bedroom, so the Tivo Box is not plugged in to the power, but is still to the VM cable.

I was wondering if I remove the splitter and connect directly to the SuperHub 3, till it is finished.

Will it affect my powerlevels on the SuperHub 3?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this ok to do and will it affect my speed and/or powerlevels in a bad way?

Yes, Downstream will potentially rise 3dBmv as atteniation typically 3dB reduced, Upstream due to insertion loss =<1dBmv reduction. (on anything but SH3) Whynot re-zero counters and take a 24hr before after stats+ network log benchmark?
Providing D/S is still -3dbmv to +7dbmv and post RS in not incrementing in 1000's every day...... but Level2 will need to tell you on SH3.
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Big-Gaz
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this ok to do and will it affect my speed and/or powerlevels in a bad way?

Hi,

How about if I just disconnect the wire from the splitter, leave the spliter in place.
Could this cause interference on the VM network?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Big-Gaz,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I think horseman is correct, there's potential for the power levels to alter if you remove the splitter, but this is something we can monitor if you want.

Let us know how you get on,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos