Menu
jeevan1976
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Is it safe to come back to Virgin Media?

Dear moderaters,

having been a long term Virgin Media customer, I was forced to switched to BT Infinity 2 last year due to fault reference F003512701.

My contract has now come to an end and I am considering my connectivity options.

Could someone provide an update on this fault reference F003512701?

1. has the problem been resolved?
  2. Are there any existing speed connectivity issues for the UB5, Northolt, London area?
  3. if I purchase vivid 200, what sort of speed can I expect during peak hours?
  4. are there any ongoing fault issues in this area?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
lynyona
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it safe to come back to Virgin Media?

Looking Daily at all the complaints at the minute  on this forum about  rubbish service, I would think long and hard about returning, only my opinion and only you can decide and can you risk you will get a truthful answer to your question I would only trust other customers opinions and not what VM have to say

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Nothing on the search showing anything past march for that particular fault reference but probably best waiting for VM to confirm its status.

As to speeds you can expect (if wired) on 200Mbs, the average across the country in the middle of peak times is 150Mbs-ish last I looked on the posted figures, however it would purely depends on if there was a fault or not. If the previous fault has been fixed then likely there would be enough bandwidth to get 200Mbs in peak hours. Again would need VM to confirm the status of the fault/what fix took place. If there is still a fault, well you know the score already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

What lynyona is saying basically! I have had my nephew contacting VM on my behalf as i am deaf. He has been constantly lied to though he does works in I.T. You won't get any truth from VM as they're all reading from a script. Can you do a search on that ticket number? I just did. Looks like it was due for a review 30/03/16 last year though in terms, what do VM actually mean when using the word "review"?? Do yourself a favour & steer clear. VM have been oversubscribing in many many areas not just mine so this fault which as nothing to do with customers (though they'll tell you otherwise) will be ongoing for a long long time.

Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The problem with looking at a help forum to see if users are happy or not, is that happy users don't come to a help forum. So, yes you see complaints here, but you don't see the vast majority of users that are perfectly happy as they simply don't come to post that 'they love VM (or change for any companies help forum)'
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@georgedrabble

I sympathise with you as you are correct in the offshore support do just read off a script. They will promise you the moon and the stars that things will be fixed by a certain date but that date comes and goes with no fix. It's because the dates they see as fix dates due to the scripts are just the review dates onshore support has.

I personally won't touch the offshore for those reasons and prefer dealing with the forum team here as they can at least give you the truth. It might take longer for a response but the information will be correct.

0 Kudos
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but I don't believ the hype. I just hope that @jeevan1976 doesn't come back & saves themselves a lot of hassle & money. I've been through plenty of threads on here & can honestly say that most mods read from a script. The proof is there. & also remove links that customers put on here to provide evidence to help others. Funny that isn't it. & There are also forum users that claim not to work for VM when it's pretty damn obvious they do!

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If BT Is working well for you then stick with them as you can get a better price out of them now you are out of contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Only real thing that gets removed is things that contain personal data. Most cases an unmasked IP.

Ultimately it comes down to is the area fixed or not? If it's fixed it will be working fine exactly as wanted, if it still hasn't been fixed then it's not worth the time, stick with BT etc, try get a good deal with them.

0 Kudos
Bear308
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No.  Run and never look back.   This lot don't even have a basic understanding of customer service.