Menu
Rising star
Message 81 of 240 (517 Views)

Re: Is it just me or is VM plagued by over sold services, so called over utilisation faults, see inside..

Sephiroth wrote:
Take it to The Register, Tommey. It forces VM to comment.

Hi @Sephiroth it's been a while hope you are well Smiley Happy

I have taken your advice and emailed The Register this evening, hopefully they will look in to this disgraceful behaviour by Virgin Media.

All the best

DO YOU SUFFER FROM SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS AT PEAK TIMES? CLICK HERE

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

Area 04 Rowley Regis B65 high utilisation fault ticket F004670584  SEE MY ONGOING THREAD HERE

Fault reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 - Changed to 05/15 -  Changed to 12/08/15 - Changed to 14/10/15 - Changed to 04/11/15 - Changed to 15/04/16 - Changed to 06/07/16 - Changed to 31/09/16 - Changed to 30/11/16 - Changed to 15/02/17 - Changed to 12/07/17 - Changed to 20/09/17 - Changed to 14/06/17 - Changed to 10/01/18 < 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST TICKET

Upgraded to 24 downstream channels completed 25/04/17 - CMTS card upgrades completed 07/04/17 - Upgraded to 20 downstream channels completed 18/10/16 - Upgraded to 16 downstream channels 06/08/16 (From 8) - F004332353 High Utilisation closed on 01/08/16 -  - Fault reference F003508309 ticket was closed in ERROR!!!!!! -

Thanks to BT Fibre Broadband I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

Superfast
Message 82 of 240 (512 Views)

Re: Is it just me or is VM plagued by over sold services, so called over utilisation faults, see inside..

@tommey as well as many others I have speedtest.net and BQM records going well enough back to clearly describe this practice as well as an interesting customer service log.  Myself, and I'm sure many others would have no problem whatsoever contributing if/when required.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 83 of 240 (503 Views)

Hi, in area 05, this has been over utilised for years and I know so from past and present peeps from within V.M. Paying for the Vivid 200... get peaks and drop offs from 100 down to 50 and if it's solid between 20-30... upload 13 via wi-fi.... The Ethernet side give 3 upload - tried 2 x hubs...

V.M C.S said the utilisation problem in Southport was fixed early this year... Lies... Techs say it's nowhere near and the C.S shouldn't be telling lies...

An interesting problem that many of you may have experience, even if you are getting a decent speed, say... 100meg there's still problems with buffering... YET, when we were with SKY getting around 28meg - everything worked perfectly, spot on... another... on installs the techs get the max speed promised for a good 15+ minutes and after they leave it drops off, random reboots will achieve the max speed for a short time and then drop off... I proved this to the last tech who probably knew and 15 mins later the service was crippled again... He had no explanation... but for me it seems to be a connection surge to get the installer in and out leaving the customer with a temp working maxed out service, same with the C.S side, call them up - they tell you to reboot and it works... for 15 mins.... then back to crippled.... It would be interesting if other people could back this up.

We're on the verge of the CEO complaints side again. The last tech tried to help us get out of the contract but their manager was too busy with other people with the same problem... So was told to do it via the CEO channel and he'd add notes etc...

I've been through all of this crap before to the point of having a Principal tech camped here for weeks and then the top 2 guys pay a visit for literally 2 mins and run diagnostics to find the culprits, so I know the score... It just baffles me that V.M is still peddling the same crap and telling blatant lies to customers on the phone...

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 84 of 240 (484 Views)

I'll respond to this more fully when I'm not mobile.

Tommey: Bizarre as I find your fixation with this given you have an alternative supplier it's your time you're wasting and doesn't bother me in the slightest. Your enormous signature taking up more of a page than content was far more bothersome.

The guy accusing me of posting official bullpoop: try actually reading what I said. I don't post official anything, and what I posted was a criticism of VM.

The guy lecturing on evidence gathering: Ofcom have a Samknows performance panel scattered around the VM network. Their report noted issues, so they have evidence. Given VM generate these ticket references they have evidence.

Just FYI I am trying to help with this as I have other things in the past. While I may not provide you the catharsis of displaying your complaints in public I have the right connections in the media and technical organisations to make things happen.

Perhaps I should just start a thread here and soak up the kudos rather than actually getting things done?
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 85 of 240 (471 Views)

Ignition wrote:
I'll respond to this more fully when I'm not mobile.

Tommey: Bizarre as I find your fixation with this given you have an alternative supplier it's your time you're wasting and doesn't bother me in the slightest. Your enormous signature taking up more of a page than content was far more bothersome.
[SEPH]: Igni - do please lay off Tommey.  I've been assisting with his sad saga for nearly a couple of years.  His case is a perfect exemplar to take up with your connections.  As to Tommey's signature, it is an incontrovertible record of this sorry story and it shouldn't bother you.  As to Tommey's alternative supplier, I applaud his mission to see this through to the end.  I would do the same.

<SNIP>

Perhaps I should just start a thread here and soak up the kudos rather than actually getting things done?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Tuning in
Message 86 of 240 (456 Views)

Just had VM Vivid installed today. Installer managed to get 200MB but a few hours later it is down to 45MB.

After reading this thread will be calling up to cancel, using the 14 day cooling off period.

What a bunch of charlatans.

Dialled in
Message 87 of 240 (449 Views)

I can tell you that AREA30 is still broken after over a year. Over-sold and obviously not invested enough (if anything) to cope with over-utilization.
Current speed after yet another full reset shut-down is now currently 17.62 down, up 12.35. Someone must have turned off their devices for me to actually get above 8.00Mbps. Still no official fix date last I heard was it was meant to be fixed on May 17th that was the 3rd date I was given. Now the 19th and still dial-up speeds for top tier net.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 88 of 240 (434 Views)

I am area 30. 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 89 of 240 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]

Many of the Areas are made up of different parts of the country which can be 100s of miles apart, for example 'Area 14' might include Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow. Each utilisation fault generally affects perhaps a few 100 customers in part of a town, rather than the whole of the VM area code.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 240 (421 Views)

F004756302, Area 21, SE22, 05/07/2017

Useless after around 8pm, with speeds < 1Mbps. Found a reference to this fault ref for review of 29/03/2017.

What even happens during a review? Why do the dates just get pushed back?