Menu
Well-informed
Message 61 of 240 (588 Views)

Re: Is it just me or is VM plagued by over sold services, so called over utilisation faults, see inside..

tommey wrote:

biddybaxter wrote:

Just got my fault code as expected

F004613468 and has a review date of 3rd January 2018!!!!

Area 30

Postcode DE55

@biddybaxter

Thanks for taking the time to share your code I have added it to the list, now these review dates do seem to be being pushed further and further forward now perhaps it's an effort to slow down the amount of post's on these forums of people asking for updates every 2 or 3 months when review dates arrive, 8 months is a long time to wait before a review though.

Makes sure you ask for some bill credits if you are going to stick with VM otherwise feel free to speak to retentions if you want to leave even if you are in contract as long term faults do allow you to leave without penalty...

All the best

Basically, VM are lengthening these 'review' dates for 2 reasons only:

1) It means they don't actually have to do anything for 8 months (that includes actually spending 'money' organising something, they can just 'forget' the problem for 8 months, then sit down, look at it, and say, 'OK, lets review again in 8 months or so guys' and that's it)

2)  They can continue selling their 'unavailable' product to more and more unsuspecting 'customers' and continue cashing in the money, whilst doing S.F.A. except issuing 'fault' numbers, and pretending they are doing something, when clearly they are NOT...  NOTE, even the forum staff no longer appear to get involved in any of these long running problems any more, they just ignore the posts, much like all the other ones on this site. Appears that 'forum staff' now take weeks to answer ANY post, and then just appear to ignore any that they don't like the look of!! (probably fed up with so many people complaining!!)

PS, the chances of ANY VM staff actually refuting this, or even bothering to reply to this post are very, very slim!!

Rising star
Message 62 of 240 (574 Views)

Re: Is it just me or is VM plagued by over sold services, so called over utilisation faults, see inside..

[ Edited ]

It is a sad state of affairs, but will anything we say or do make the situation improve?

DO YOU SUFFER FROM SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEEDS AT PEAK TIMES? CLICK HERE

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

Area 04 Rowley Regis B65 high utilisation fault ticket F004670584  SEE MY ONGOING THREAD HERE

Fault reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 - Changed to 05/15 -  Changed to 12/08/15 - Changed to 14/10/15 - Changed to 04/11/15 - Changed to 15/04/16 - Changed to 06/07/16 - Changed to 31/09/16 - Changed to 30/11/16 - Changed to 15/02/17 - Changed to 12/07/17 - Changed to 20/09/17 - Changed to 14/06/17 - Changed to 10/01/18 < 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST TICKET

Upgraded to 24 downstream channels completed 25/04/17 - CMTS card upgrades completed 07/04/17 - Upgraded to 20 downstream channels completed 18/10/16 - Upgraded to 16 downstream channels 06/08/16 (From 8) - F004332353 High Utilisation closed on 01/08/16 -  - Fault reference F003508309 ticket was closed in ERROR!!!!!! -

Thanks to BT Fibre Broadband I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 63 of 240 (531 Views)

Well more and more codes have been added to the LIST thank you all for sharing them...

Area 04 Rowley Regis B65 high utilisation fault ticket F004670584  SEE MY ONGOING THREAD HERE

Fault reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 - Changed to 05/15 -  Changed to 12/08/15 - Changed to 14/10/15 - Changed to 04/11/15 - Changed to 15/04/16 - Changed to 06/07/16 - Changed to 31/09/16 - Changed to 30/11/16 - Changed to 15/02/17 - Changed to 12/07/17 - Changed to 20/09/17 - Changed to 14/06/17 - Changed to 10/01/18 < 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST TICKET

Upgraded to 24 downstream channels completed 25/04/17 - CMTS card upgrades completed 07/04/17 - Upgraded to 20 downstream channels completed 18/10/16 - Upgraded to 16 downstream channels 06/08/16 (From 8) - F004332353 High Utilisation closed on 01/08/16 -  - Fault reference F003508309 ticket was closed in ERROR!!!!!! -

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 64 of 240 (526 Views)

Answering your questions.

No: this thread will achieve nothing beyond to, perhaps, make you feel better and be a good space for your massive signature.

The long 'review' periods - at least in part are due to the deployment of DOCSIS 3.1 coming at the end of the year in a few areas. It's actually starting to look like it won't arrive in a blaze of glory and super new tier, but be used to try and avoid spending money splitting nodes.

Rising star
Message 65 of 240 (507 Views)

Ignition wrote:

No: this thread will achieve nothing beyond to, perhaps, make you feel better and be a good space for your massive signature < I made it smaller as per a mods request, maybe that will make you happy......

Well you don't have to read or reply to my posts but I appreciate you're input regardless, however I have had nothing but good feedback regarding this thread, clearly you are not one of the many people who now suffer from there internet speeds grinding to almost a standstill during peak times, also I am making the list so it can be "passed on" at a later date....

The long 'review' periods - at least in part are due to the deployment of DOCSIS 3.1 coming at the end of the year in a few areas. It's actually starting to look like it won't arrive in a blaze of glory and super new tier, but be used to try and avoid spending money splitting nodes.

Lol they need to fix the puma 6 issues and provide a reasonable service to "ALL" customers not just the "select few" DOCSIS 3.1 will only be available in "select areas" by the end of this year I am sure it will be many many years before it's nationwide.

Why do I feel you may have a problem with my posts making it publicly known about exactly how many area's / people are affected by Virgin Media over selling there services? 

Well-informed
Message 66 of 240 (497 Views)

Ignition wrote:

No: this thread will achieve nothing beyond to, perhaps, make you feel better and be a good space for your massive signature.

Yet more official 'bullpoo'.

Maybe if VM were actually HONEST, and admitted they are unable to provide the services they are 'ripping' people off for, and actually STOPPED SELLING these services, then started to provide them to already paying customers instead of 'promising even MORE that they will again, be unable to deliver, rather than supplying just a 'favoured few' with faster and faster service whilst the MAJORITY have 10% of what they actually pay for, maybe then, people like those posting here will stop berating this appalling company for it's reprehensible treatment of it's 'customers'

They just ride roughshod over people, and don't have the decency to even be TRUTHFULL..

Always, always it's the good old 'spin, spin, spin'  always promises, promises, promises, all of which are nothing more than HOT AIR!!!

The 'few areas' that will get this magic DOCSIS 3.1, what about the rest of us?? Those promised 'faster broadband with our magic DOCSIS 3' that are currently not getting 10% of that, yet the 'chosen few' get 3.1, and, I bet that VM will be pushing 400meg offers as well, when they can't even provide me with the 70meg I pay for!! 

A large part of the country is suffering 'overutilisation' and has been for years, (just check out all those postcodes!) yet all VM want to do is provide 'headline speeds' for a few, to get the publicity whilst here in the 'real world' all they give us is a poor quality substitute, and an even worse 'customer service!!

Superfast
Message 67 of 240 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ignition

"Answering your questions. No: this thread will achieve nothing beyond to, perhaps, make you feel better and be a good space for your massive signature."

--> an unbelievable response!

Obviously, while not everyone has an issue with their speeds, for those whose free time spans a known chronic high utilisation area:- do you have any idea, whatsoever, of the picture that is being painted? Do you not see that the very deliberate practice of actively withholding this issue from every new subscriber (and all affected customers) will eventually be looked at in a very negative light for VM. How on earth can you keep adding more customers to the problem! Compare & contrast what BT do!! Bad publicity is not good!

- Keep all new and existing customers fully informed at all times when an 'issue' arises that will affect their service

- Where the issue lasts / is expected to last for an externally specified (CISAS, Ofcom, whatever) length of time, then, compensate the customer automatically but inform them of this and the true estimated fix date i.e. allow them to make an informed decision on whether they stay or leave.

- Etc., etc.

Does any of this make sense to you? Do you understand about the unfortunate lengthy process of evidence gathering?

Superuser
Message 68 of 240 (472 Views)

@HughJarsse Dont think virginmedia or any ISP business will turn away a a customer they could add to the network, since they might just want internet for general browsing, on the other hand might be heavy video bloggers etc.. BT 's open reach network is gets overused as well their community forum has their fair share of high utilisation issues.. as for only 10% getting what they pay for so out of a possible 4 million virginmedia customer only 400,000 get their true speed.. if that was the case this forum would have hundreds of new posts per day, phone lines would go into melt down..

The 'few areas' that will get this magic DOCSIS 3.1, what about the rest of us?? there isn't a magic button or setting can just type on keyboard at the CMTS e.g. configure all network = docsis 3.1 <enter>.. takes a look of work behind the scenes.

i have to agree partly with what @Ignition said details will just be possible added to the fault ticket

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 69 of 240 (451 Views)

paultechy wrote:

@HughJarsse Dont think virginmedia or any ISP business will turn away a a customer they could add to the network...

BT do:

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.48.07.jpg

Virgin Media don't:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 20.28.17.jpg 

I'm getting 3Mbs tonight. Definitely no capacity left at my local VM cabinet.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Knows their stuff
Message 70 of 240 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]

paultechy wrote:

@HughJarsse Dont think virginmedia or any ISP business will turn away a a customer they could add to the network, since they might just want internet for general browsing, on the other hand might be heavy video bloggers etc.. BT 's open reach network is gets overused as well their community forum has their fair share of high utilisation issues..

It's very rare for the Openreach fibre network to suffer over-utilisation issues, mainly because they stop selling when the cabinet is full and there is enough bandwidth to serve each customer up to that point. The vast majority of speed complaints related to BT based services are generally due to WiFi issues, poor extension wiring in the home or a line fault, rather than capacity issues.