Menu
dave242
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is it fair paying for a service which is less than 10% of the one advertised?

Hi there,

I'm writing here for the first time after more than 6 months of broadband hell.
I've bought a 50mb super fibre broadband in May 2016 and I saw probably less than 10 times a connection speed ~40mb/s since I've installed the Virgin Media Hub.

I spent more than 20 tweets with related replies to the Virgin Media support channel, I've spent hours at the phone typing my account number and talking with some random technician for having just the possiblity to use internet during the evening.

I've been asked to stay at home and wait a Virgin Media technician. The Virgin Media visit was completely useless, they just pumped my connection permitting to have a connection speed of 20-30mb/s for just 3-4 days.

I'm really tired and frustrated to spend more than 30 pounds for a low quality service.
I've already did a complaint to the CISAS about Virgin Media but I believe it's a really slow process.

What if I stop to pay through the direct debit? Is that fair as your service?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it fair paying for a service which is less than 10% of the one advertised?

dave242 wrote:

I'm really tired and frustrated to spend more than 30 pounds for a low quality service.
I've already did a complaint to the CISAS about Virgin Media but I believe it's a really slow process.

What if I stop to pay through the direct debit? Is that fair as your service?

Ref first: CISAS is the way to go for it, see if they will get you out of your contract

Ref second: What will happen is it will harm your credit score.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it fair paying for a service which is less than 10% of the one advertised?

How are you connecting wired or wireless?

Have VM identified the fault and given you a fault reference number?

0 Kudos
dave242
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

The tests are all with wire and wifi, in both cases the connection is less than 5MB/s

VM just said "the frequence in this area is at the low limit so they can't do a lot unfortunately"

This reply looks totally an excuse to me and doesn't justify a contract of 50mb with always outages and performances seen in the 90's.
0 Kudos