Menu
gham53
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intolerable Area 14 speed during evening

During the day and early hours of the morning I get speeds of around 40-50mbs which is understandable since I'm paying for 50mbs upload speed, but during the evenings at around 8pm onwards the speed drops a considerable amount. I could understand if it was once in a while but it's happening everyday. I just ran a speed test at 21:53 and got the results as shown in the photo. speedtest.PNG

0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intolerable Area 14 speed during evening

It's because people are using the service they have paid for, very unreasonable behaviour on the part of the consumer to want their internet in the evening, log a complaint with VM
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intolerable Area 14 speed during evening

Hiya gham53,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at - 8 dBmV and for this I would like to book an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003614316 and has a review date of 28th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos