Menu
Mayes9815
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet still completely unusable after engineer 'fixed' it

This is my second time posting about this issue because the issue is getting worse and it seems I am no closer to having usable internet speeds.  In my last post I was told that there was a fault in my area and an engineer would come round to check and update the hardware and its settings.  The engineer stated that  there was a 'minor' problem in my area and the effects should be minimal, however this is far from the case.  It was given a review date of the 29th of March after already being pushed back from December.  I find this service unacceptable as currently speed tests show 789 ping, 1.37 down and 0.35 up.  These speeds are every evening without fail making it impossible to stream videos, movies or play online games after work.  Is there not any way this issue can be resolved more promptly as i have already been dealing with this for months and have reached my limits.  I cannot believe that issues so considerable are taken so lightly, especially after being a customer for so long.  Thanks in advance.

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet still completely unusable after engineer 'fixed' it

Hi Chris,

Apologies for any misunderstanding over what is happening. In your other thread here my colleague noted that your Hub's downstream power levels needed adjusting and that was why an engineer appointment was arranged.

The other issue that he referred to, fault ref: F003500529, was related to a capacity problem on this part of the network which will cause reduced speeds at peak times.

A network upgrade is pending but firstly the necessary pre-upgrade work must complete.

That work will be reviewed on 29/03/2017. I shall pass your details along to a team who will provide updates on this for you. Please take a look at my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page).

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mayes9815
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet still completely unusable after engineer 'fixed' it

Thanks for the reply.  The 29th of March is that absolute earliest date?  Its unusable every evening without fail and there are no alternatives I can find to bypass this issue.  I've been dealing with this for months already and now i have to wait a minimum of 1 and a half months for it to be reviewed?  I don't think this is acceptable for a service which people rely on so much.  Is there no possibility of this review date being brought forward?

Regards

0 Kudos