Menu
alexvickers012
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet speeds dropping in the evening

Hey all,

I've been with Virgin Media for 2 years now and I've moved into a new house in Loughborough. I pay for speeds of 100MB/s and although I get that during the day, from about 4pm onwards, I only get speeds of 0.5MB/s to 30MB/s.

This is painful and with a house of 4 unable to use game consoles, our phones or anything, it's very frustrating, especially as our bill has just gone up.

I have tried resetting the router multiple times and I've even bought a wifi booster to try and increase the signal to see if that helps but it's just the speed dropping every single evening.

I've seen posts about this before and I would like this to be investigated by Virgin.

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
alexvickers012
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speeds dropping in the evening

Speedtest results showing varying resutlsSpeedtest results showing varying resutls

I've uploaded some speedtest results. You can clearly see the roller coaster of speeds when the download speed drops from 40.28MB/s to 4.41MB/s. The 103.84MB/s is what we expect. The dates have large gaps as I usually do the tests on my laptop using an Ethernet cable plugged into the modem so they're not saved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speeds dropping in the evening

Hi Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds.

When I checked your connection, I noticed a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004812302 and with a review date of 15th February 2017.

Are you able to post the speed test results from a wired connection at all for us to check? 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos