Menu
Dazz74
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed on Woodchurch Wirral diabolical.

I have had this issue since October and have again phoned Virgin Broadband today for answers. I originally paid for 200mb broadband, until a fortnight ago, when I was advised by customer services to drop it to 100mb. However, the highest I have received since October is 36mbs and that lasted less than 30 minutes. My average off peak speeds, with all devices in the house disconnected, is 26mbs. My on peak times on averages is 0.5 mbs upto 4mbs. We struggle to watch videos or play online games in our house. even emails can be difficult to access.

I have spoken to customers services on numerous occasions and while they have been polite, helpful and also compensated me for my inconvenience I still see virgin media vans installing new services in an area they have admitted is over subscribed. 

I was wondering why this is? I have asked virgin media and they wont give me an answer. Surely the priority should be to rectify the problem rather than exacerbating it.

The point of all this is to ask Virgin to answer honestly. Are you attempting to provide the services you still advertise? Or are you just happy to take the money from people and provide a substandard service?

And when will this be rectified? 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed on Woodchurch Wirral diabolical.

Dazz74 wrote:

... Or are you just happy to take the money from people and provide a substandard service?

This appears to be Liberty Global's business model.

And when will this be rectified? 

Probably never.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed on Woodchurch Wirral diabolical.

Hi Dazz74, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004136004 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 15/02/2017. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further with you. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner. 

The cables in the next street and even across the road are unlikely to be connected to the cables you are connected to, meaning that the fault itself is fairly localised so what may seem to exacerbate the issues you are seeing actually are not sharing the same issue. I am sure that is equally as frustrating to hear we are working on the issue and will update you as soon as we can.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos