Menu
jaxxstorm
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed/latency drops at approx 8:30 every night.

I have an ongoing issue with my internet connection in that the speed drops dramatically around 8:30pm every night.

I've called the VM support line numerous times about this, and even had a technician out today to try resolve this, and it's no better. Whenever I call the firstline support line, they acknowledge there's a problem but always claim there's nobody on the second line available, because it's past 9pm.

In order to prove this, I started graphing the latency to various sites. You can see this here:

Graph of Ping Latency

I am at the end of my tether with this. Is there anyone who might know what this is?

0 Kudos
jaxxstorm
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed/latency drops at approx 8:30 every night.

It's started happening again around 21:30 tonight. Latency through the roof and bandwidth down to 2mb/s

9f9d007bca104f8086b98a571a7d6f1f

0 Kudos
mrzoltowski
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also been having issues for the last few months, VM used to be so good a few years back, I think they are the victim of their own success, with networks being overloaded in many areas, thus their traffic management seems to be a bit less forgiving.

I rarely hit 100Mbs on my 200 Mbps package. Most evenings are now about 20 Mbps if I am lucky.

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Their success of the sales team is without doubt something to uphold the problem is the network team, support team, management team, offshore support team and there 150 support number that magically drops calls is a shambles.
On one hand they keep telling us it's just a small number of customers are effected by them overloading customers onto networks that just can't take it but yet each fix takes so long.
This then moves on to the second excuse they use all the time 3rd party planning digging up roads etc look on roadworks org your pushed to find any of this work in your area.
There is so many holes in the dribble they spout..
If there is another provider supplying a decent speed in your area I suggest you take them up on the offer because it's only downhill from now am afraid.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jaxxstorm, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your drop in speeds from 8:30 every night, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will need an engineer to attend and resolve this for you.

I would send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos