Menu
JayG
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed Area 09

The internet speed has been very slow within the area 09 (G67) 

I pay for 75 down, and have been receiving at tops 5mb/s for the past 2 days! the always seems to occur every 2 weeks.

From looking at the other users posting within the forum. Alot of people are recieving the same issue from other locations also. 

Virgin use to be the top provider for internet, nowadays, i would happily go with BT.

Same issue every 2 weeks, yet im paying full price for something i aint even receiving.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5970009454 (Speed test done while the computer was direct plugged into the router, while wifi was desabled through 192.169.0.1)

0 Kudos
JayG
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed Area 09

Still no response. Yet im still receiving roughly 5mb/s - Currently sitting at 2.84 Mb/s download as of right now.

Virgin media, your support team is absolute useless!
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5975467337
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayG,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004680483). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 15th February.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gkettle83
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

JayG, I'm in the Condorrat area and our speeds are shockingly bad at night as well.  It was perfect until mid December then wallop, dreadful at night.  I put my SH3 into modem mode this morning, wired it directly to my laptop and got speeds above 200Mb.  Going to do the same tonight then report back to them.

It's strange though, i had a Virgin Media tech friend check yesterday and we have no over-utilisation in the area.  Are you close-by to me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again gkettle83,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I've just this moment replied to your other post regarding this. You are affected by the same fault as JayG, I have confirmed the details in your other thread.

Thanks again for getting in touch,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos