Menu
Macicka
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps cutting out throughout the day EVERY day

Hi there,

just like another customer on the forum, I have the problem that my internet keeps dropping/cutting out for no apparent reason. It's been like this since I started the contract (cca May 2016 when I also got the new Hub 3.0 device).

Usually, when I'm Skyping or doing conference calls, the signal cuts out for about 2-3 seconds, then comes back for a second and then again cuts out for another moment. This happens maybe twice in 10 minutes, no matter what time of the day.

This happens when using wifi or internet cable. It happens on all devices - no matter if it's PC, phone, tablet etc.I have tried all the basics such as resetting the router and checking all wires but nothing is changing the internet speed.  My postcode is G11 7HX.

Can anyone, please, help? I was hoping that things will improve over time, but it looks like the cutting out is getting worse and worse. I work from home and I do connect with clients via internet and can't really afford this quality of signal in order to provide my services otherwise I'll lose clients.

Thank you, in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps cutting out throughout the day EVERY day

Hi Macicka,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked out your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area that would explain the random disconnections. It's an SNR fault Ref.(F005023712) and our technicians have set a review date of 31st January.

I'll check back with you when it's cleared to make sure everything is OK.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Macicka
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

thank you very much for getting back to me! If I understand correctly, you're saying that I don't need to do anything for now and that you'll get back to me on this forum after the 31st of January when the technicians will have reviewed the problem behind the disconnections. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot!

Macicka

0 Kudos
Macicka
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Josh,

you wrote to me last saying that Virgin people would review the signal on the 31st of January and that you'd get back to me. The truth is, the last 2 days the internet connection has been a JOKE! Could you, please, let me know how to go about solving this absurd situation. I don't use internet to binge watch Netflix. I really use it for my work with clients. I don't know where to turn. Virgin customer phone lines are notoriously busy.

Thank you for your help!

Izabela

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Izabela,

Thanks for coming back to us about this.

Really sorry to hear that your connection hasn't improved since the review date mentioned.

I've had a look into this for you and the fault ticket reference for SNR is now showing as closed.

Are you still experiencing drop outs with your connection?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Macicka
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I haven't checked in this forum because I didn't get a response for a long time and it looked like no one gives a damn about this. Unfortunately, the cutting out got progressively worse and worse and right now things are at a point when it happens almost every couple of minutes. It's a catastrophe for me work-wise as I work from home and connect with customers via Skype! I have no idea why my ticket has been closed. No one has reach out to me or tried to help me solve this problem. I'm really desperate and can't explain to myself this poor level of service. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello  Macicka,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the on-going problems with your connection. I've just taken a look and noticed that we're working on a fault in your area that can be responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. Does this sound like what's happening your end? Just so you know the fault ref for this fault is: F004055880 and it's due for review on the 1st Nov.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos