Menu
LeLewk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out for no reason

Hello there,

Came here because I am very confused and don't know how to solve my issue.

Basically, since today my internet has been cutting out for 30 minutes to an hour at a time. Tried resetting it countless times, tried turning it off for 10 minutes and coming back to it and nothing...

I need some help on either A) How to fix this issue or B) How to get into contact with someone who can help me with this issue.

Considering Virgin have just put the prices up for their services and then this starts happening I find it a little annoying considering you're asking me for more when you cannot even provide me with stability.

Many thanks, Luke.

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out for no reason

I can tell you how to get in contact with someone.

Do not reply to this thread for a few days and you'll be contacted by a mod. They're probably the most helpful CS agents you'll get from Virgin.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luke,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

I've run some tests on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There have been no time-outs reported within 2 days of the router being online, which is good.

Do you notice this on both wired and wireless devices? 

Do any lights change on the router at all?

If you can post the router information, that would be helpful. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in and click into Check router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LeLewk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello there, i am still getting the same issues along with huge ping spikes every night... My internet just isn't as stable as what it should be for the price, especially when you are charging me more for a lesser service than when i first joined...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello LeLewk,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear this problem is still on-going. I've attempted to test your connection but I can't seem to find your account info right now. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address so I can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LeLewk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Since Friday when my internet was down for 6 hours a virgin engineer as fixed the box and the internet hasn't dropped and hasn't spiked in ping since then, however I will be SURE to let you know if it goes wrong at any point.

0 Kudos