Menu
metamate
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet download speed

Boosted to 70 mbps on cable but speeds achieved via wireless are not even within sniffing distance of this.  Regularly under 10mbps, and currently under 5mbps.

Anything to be done with the hardware? Would the newest router improve things? Otherwise no point paying for cable - i can achieve that level of 'performance' with a cheaper provider.

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet download speed

Hi metamate, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your slow download speeds, I apologise for any troubles incurred and I will do my best to help resolve this for you.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics, I will require some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet download speed

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for responding!

I have tested things from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges. Are you still having these issues?

If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your address bar and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos