Menu
Message 11 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection barely usable

Hi ian-c,

Thanks for the update, I guess that confirms that high utilisation is the issue here.

Fault ref, F002896495 currently has an estimated date for upgrade works for the end of May, if you bump us nearer the time we'll gladly check for any updates.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Regarding Fault ref, F002896495, you asked me to bump this thread at the end of may.

I am still experiencing high pings and downloads less than 4Mb.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 17 review dates... Next Review JUNE 2018
0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Bump....

I've had phonecalls this week offering me up to 100 Mbps on the new 'big bundles'.

I can barely get 7 Mbps at the moment when i should have up to 30 Mbps.

News on the 'imminent' network upgrade would be more appreciated rather than calls offering a service which is clearly unachievable at the current time.

Thank you.

I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian-c,

I've checked on fault F002896495 for you and can see the reseg work won't commence until September. Before then there will be an additional 4 channels added. At present we're waiting on dates on when this can be implemented. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 155
Flag for a moderator

So are you telling me I have to put up with high pings and slow internet connection (less than 7 Mbps at best) during evenings and weekends because of over utilisation until September??

0 Kudos
mushype
Tuning in
Message 16 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Ian C.  I feel your pain brother. I too have been suffering with unuseable internet speeds for quite a while now.

This is my second such issue having had a similar problem that lasted about 4 months before being fixed in January 2013.   As far as I'm concerned this is not acceptable - only 14 months of getting what i pay for before suffering without internet for another lengthy period.  Not good enough.

After raising an email of complaint I spoke to a really helpful chap in the complaints department (Jamie).  Some of my issues where that whilst VM refund part/full of your broadband bill, it is not as if you can go elsewhere and use something else in the meantime.  Coupled with the impression that the fix dates are 'finger in the air', it leaves me thinking that VM hold all the cards.

Jamie agreed this was not ideal and upped my speed to 50mb (for free) in the hope it would squeeze a little more thru and nearer the 30 I was paying for.  This didn't help during the really slow times (like now) and I still get 7 at best (more like 4 or 5)

However, what he did say was I could leave at any time regardless of my contract (and with no penalties).   

After seeing your post I telephoned 150 saying i had seen the date had now slipped from tomorrow (yeah right) to September. 

The lady told me that it would not be September but rather "50% of my area (WN3) would have to wait until July".  However, my part of the internet would be next week.

At this point I dont know what to say.   

I don't want to leave VM - I think the alternative (Sly TV) is not ideal.  However, yet another false dawn in regards to the propsed fixed date.

Do i beleive it will be next week??   I'd like to say yes but I just know come this time next week I will somehow be the 50% waiting until July.

I suspect it depends on what time I get home from work tomorrow.  Home before 8 and the retentions line will probably get a call

ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input.

I was told by Jen_A a note detailing this issue is on my account and I am be able to call in to request a credit.

I haven't... I figured it would most likely be fixed within a month as suggested.

I guess that makes me the fool! I WILL be ringing Customer Services now and requesting a credit.

The irony is that I was on up to 10 Mbps up until three months ago and 99% of the time I actually had 10 Mbps download speed. I received a new SuperHub2 with the upgrade to 30 Mbps.

I'm not suggesting its the hub, its already been confirmed on this forum that it is a utilisation issue!

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Well...  it's now mid July and the problem is NOT GOING AWAY.

Any further updates on fault F002896495 please??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 155
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ian-c

Thank you for your post.

No updates I'm afraid. Upgrade work estimated for September, the ticket will be reviewed by 24 SEP 2014.

Sorry for the slow peak time problems.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
mushype
Tuning in
Message 20 of 155
Flag for a moderator

I was under the impression (how naive of me) that this problem was due to be resolved today.   

As I am still experiencing awful speeds I gave them a call to see how come things are not fixed.    

It seems the resolution date is now 25th February!!     Love it - the problem will be 1 year old when it is due to be fixed!!  I may even get VM a cake to mark the occasion.

What a sorry bunch of so and so's VM truly are.  

How on earth can you think it fair that you can supply broadband at less than a 10th of what i should be getting!!   

You keep telling me it is a quite complex problem but how can such a problem take 12 months to get fixed (assuming this new date is not another 'finger in the air' guess. 

Thats me finished with Virgin tomorrow.    The kit will be boxed up and i will be going to sky before the week is out