Menu
Jorgs
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speeds Dropped

Hello, had Virgin's 200mb Hub 3.0 brand new installed yesterday. The Download was 52mbps+ and upload was 12mbps+.

It is now 21:36pm and speed have dropped a lot.

New Download: 36mbps-

New Upload: - 8-10mbps

Nothing has been changed in the router settings but the speeds have dropped for some reason.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speeds Dropped

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the best way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

Are you seeing slow speeds all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)? Some areas are suffering with over utilisation, which results in very slow speeds at peak times but full speed at off peak times.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speeds Dropped

Hi Jorgs,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I would like to check your connection in more detail for any issues, however the Hub is showing as offline. Is this due to being turned off as not in use? If you can let me know when you are back online, that would be great.

In the meantime, I can see that Scott has given you some advice, if you can follow that, it will help us further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos