Menu
Mickieboy1168
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speed

Hi all, This is my first time posting as I'm new to Virgin Media, I'm needing help regarding the Internet speed I'm getting, I did a check just after the guys finished fitting the phone line box and Internet as I have the full package with up to 200 meg speed, my first speed test just after fitting gave me 148 meg download speed and all was good then I've started having problems with my connection as in numerous websites I click on something or a page change and the internet just hangs showing a circle top left of iPad mini screen spinning but nothing happens for about 30 to 40 seconds whereas after first install the page load up was instant, I did another speed check last night using the same speed checker and everything same as the very first speed check but this time it showed 30 meg then 32 meg download, the Internet connection and speed I'm experiencing is a great deal worse than when I was with Sky a few weeks ago as I only had Virgin fitted 6 days ago, any help would be greatly appreciated,
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed

You could check out the section on Broadband - Speed as you will see​ several people with similar issues. You should a pm so know that this is basically a customer forum and you may have to wait several days for someone from VM to pick up your post.

Edit  I see your post has been moved since I started my reply.

There are several possibilities including wrong power levels, poor signal to noise ratio, wifi problems, peak time congestion etc. To help people comment on your specific case you could

1. Run speed tests at several times during the day and evening.
2. Use a wifi analyser app to see if you have any conflict with you neighbours​.
3. Copy and post the Downstream, Upstream and Network logs from you SHub. (192.168.0.1 then select router status at top right. Do not log in to the router and do not post any personal information)

Someone with greater knowledge than​ I will then be able to comment. It is worth getting this checked quickly as you have only 14 days in which to cancel without penalty is you find the service in your area is not up to scratch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed

Hi Mickieboy1168,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account and I am unable to see any apparent issues on the network nor the line that would cause an impact to your speeds.

Are you able to complete a speed test through a wired connection to see if the speeds differ please?

Do you notice this issue at all times of the day?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos