Menu
sconlon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet Dropping - Belfast

My internet has constantly been dropping speed for at least two weeks now. It will work perfectly sometimes for a few hours, then suddenly drop out. Other times (which seems to be becoming more frequent) it will work for only a few minutes and then it will drop out and refuse to load any websites.

I checked the network log for the router and it seems to have a number of T3 and T4 issues listed. The lights on the router are flashing when the internet is not working. I tried the diagnostic test on the VM site and it said "Ok, we didn't find a fault with your equipment..." which is quite plainly not true. When I reset the router or switch between the 2G/5G connections, it will allow me to browse for a few minutes before dropping out again.

I have one wired (ethernet) device which won't work when the internet cuts out which rules out the idea that it is a wifi issue. The smart tv displays a "not enough bandwidth" message when the internet has dropped if we are streaming a show at the time. The speedtest runs back a download speed of 73 when the internet is working, but that lasts for all of about ten minutes before the internet drops out and then I can't even get the speedtest page to load.

Any ideas? I've tried most basic fixes and called VM about this issue when we were having the same problem a few months back but they were thoroughly unhelpful. If we can't get it fixed in the next few weeks we'll have to switch to sky as I rely on the internet for work.

Any ideas? I've tried most basic fixes and called VM about this issue when we were having the same problem a few months back but they were thoroughly unhelpful. If we can't get it fixed in the next few weeks we'll have to switch to sky as I rely on the internet for work.

0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Dropping - Belfast

Hi sconlon 

Logs - screenshot please if you have a chance

Regards

Max

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos
sconlon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
sconlon
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

???

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sconlon, 

Thanks for letting us know that your internet is dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've run some tests on your connection and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here.

Also, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops, what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos