Menu
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent slow browsing, websites timing out, Xbox disconnecting.....

This has been happening for a couple of days now. Intermittently when I'm browsing the web, a site will go super slow or a page will just time out and fail to load. This is affecting all sites, including this very forum. The PC is hooked up via a wired connection.

I've had issues with my Xbox disconnecting from Xbox Live randomly and not reconnecting unless I reboot both my router and the console. The Xbox is hooked up via a wired connection. Again, this only started happening a couple of days ago. Also, sometimes when I fire up the Xbox app on my PC it says it can't sign me on, or that I'm not connected to the Internet, even though I am.

I've also had issues receiving email. I have 3 accounts set up in Windows Live Mail and often when I check for new mail it will stick on "Connecting" for a while before timing out. Again, this also started happening around the same time.

Speed test results seem fine. I'm getting 210-220 down and 10-12 up.

The levels seem fine. Power level is 4-5. RXMER is 37-38. Upstream power is 47-48. There's no post RS errors. The connections are all tight.

I am getting a lot of errors in the log though. Lots of "no ranging response received - T3 timeout" errors - usually several every day.

If I try the test on the service status page, I get a message saying "we're trying to sort it out for you", and to reboot my equipment in 10 minutes, but doing that doesn't fix the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
jmcraddock87
Tuning in
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent slow browsing, websites timing out, Xbox disconnecting.....

Same issue in Stafford region (31).

Websites can take an age to load or not at all. Always seems to be same ones too (VM site included)

Receiving same message when running broadband test but unsure if that's normal? Service status would indicate no problem.
0 Kudos
obarton
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I've just made a similar post. I'm based in Stafford as well.

Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. I'm also in Stafford, so there must be some kind of networking issue going on. Hopefully VM get on the case with it.

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just got off the phone to VM. I told them that you 2 had replied to my post to say you're having the same issue in the same area. The guy put me on hold and went to check if there's an area issue. He said that there was, as they'd received numerous calls from customers in the same area, and that the service status page should be updated within 24 hours with further info on when the issue will be resolved.

0 Kudos
jmcraddock87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks sigma.

Unfortunately been too busy to call myself (irony is that my landline also doesn't work), but planned to call tonight if there was still issues after returning from work.

It was still unusable this morning. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.
0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Cool. If you do call them, which would definitely be helpful if you can, post back and let me know what they say. I must admit I don't fully trust the info given out from the call centres and sometimes it feels like they're just saying stuff to get you off the phone, so I'd like to see if they also confirm the local issue to you, given that there's still nothing on the service status page.

0 Kudos
WilliamTM
Joining in
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I'd poke my head in too - also in Stafford and I've noticed the internet has been a bit naff yesterday and today.

It still works, sortof - but loads of stuff times out so I've had to keep refreshing stuff often to actually get it to it.

0 Kudos
jmcraddock87
Tuning in
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

It's extremely frustrating as it rules out being able to do anything that requires even a stable connection.

Will do Sigma

Any way to remove the 'Solved' in subject header?
0 Kudos
jmcraddock87
Tuning in
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Service status has updated for me now, indicating an issue. Fix estimate 20:25 tonight.
0 Kudos