Menu
GDBruce
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband performance

So my cable speed has always been good - but for about a week now its been intermittent performance or simply not working.  When I speak to Customer Service they seem to acknowledge there is a problem but can't tell me what it is or hpw long before its resolved.  There are times when I get no internet or the internet speed test shows its as slow at 1Mb.

Its so frustrating that  pay good money for an increasingly poor service.

Can anybody help

0 Kudos
pauldig
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband performance

Hi i have exactly the same problem are you in the north London area by any chance?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GDBruce

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Many apologies for the issues your currently experiencing with your broadband connection.

From checking your account, there was a fault in your area in terms of SNR (signal to noise ratio) which causes intermittent connection. This has since been closed down as resolved. Have you noticed any further disconnections since you last posted?

In regards to the slow speeds, I noticed that the traffic in the area is currently running high. I've raised this to the networks team for more investigation. Once I have more information I will be back in touch.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GDBruce

Hope all is well.

Just checking in with more information on the high peak time traffic fault that I raised.

The reference number is F004297472 and with a review date of 24th August. I've also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam and GDBruce,
it is remarkable that F004297472 once had a review date of 24th August 2016.

Next Review date is now 07Jun2017, almost 1 year on. Please see recent LG/VM response here:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/F004297472-Over-Utilization-in-Tring-Area-19Mar17/m-p/337...

F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area (HP23)

0 Kudos