Menu
byeckmissus
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Insufficient bandwidth

I've tried watching Clarkson and Co using my Amazon Premium service on dozens of occasions but all I ever get to watch are a couple of minutes interspersed with 10 minutes or so of buffering before the inevitable ' insufficient bandwidth' error pops up.  Even watching something on BBC iPlayer involves lengthy delays and loss of sound/picture. I've allegedly got the 150mps service tho' that frequently drops off, especially at peak times. Any clues?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insufficient bandwidth

Hi byeckmissus, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection particularly when trying to stream. 

I have taken a look and it seems your downstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
writer201
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. Every time I watch Amazon Prime I have insufficient bandwidth. Same goes for Netflix. Youtube works OK but occasionally it buffers. I have rebooted the modem several times after which it works, but soon it resumes normal service. Considering the price we're paying I find this annoying and a waste of time chasing Virginmedia around for answers. Who is going to sort my problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi writer201, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired and let us know if it makes a difference. Pop the Hub into Modem only mode and the computer into safe mode with networking. 

It may also help to see a BQM graph. (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos