Menu
kamilHussein123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Insanely low speed for what we payed for

Had a 100 mbps package just installed, (yes I realised its up to.) and i'm getting 5mbps. The package that we moved from at talk talk had up to 75 and a standard even at peak hours speed of 60. We where told that not only would we get a higher download speed for a cheaper price, but we would get a reduced speed drop due to cables being very close to us. We where told that the problem might be a utilization issue that may or may not be cleared by April. I find it ridiculous that Virgin didn't inform us when we had a conversation from sales that there where apparent on going issues at the time we where gonna swap... 

The connection we are getting right now is close to the connection we where getting 4 years ago and we are paying way too much money for this kind of service, Whats even more worrying is this seems to be a problem with multiple people and Virgin seems to keep giving the same response about peak times, What is the point about advertising 100mb if I can not access it at the times that normal people would use it? Why would I need 100mb download speeds early in the mourning and late at night, but not after work, college? I need to know if this problem will get fixed because connection 20 times slower than advertised is ridiculous and if we don't get a fix I will do my best to warn others who are changing soon and leave myself. 

Edit: just a proof of these appalling speeds I couldn't even finish the test for uploads because it was too slow and froze 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insanely low speed for what we payed for

Hi kamilHussein123,

Welcome to the community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you're disconnecting your services with us. I'm sorry the service you've received has led you to leaving us.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kamilHussein123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insanely low speed for what we payed for

I would just recommend getting someone to speak to your sales team, because we where literally lied to. We where told that our connection with talk talk, which we got about 60 out of 75 that we payed for and 55 on prime hours, was not going to be as good as virgins because there cables where closer, we where told that the speed would be 95 out of the 100. I believe the cables are close we got very low ping but the speeds we where getting where highs of 3 and lows of 0.7 down... Then we get told that there is a "utilization error" which seems to be complete b.s because i've hear people having utilisation errors for two years on this very forum and many on twitter. Even one of my mates who recently moved. 

Nevertheless we where okay for maybe waiting a little while for it to change, the guy who fixed our internet said that it will be working by the 1st, and the connection problems where not read by him btw I had to do a speed test the guy was about to leave before I was like we are paying for 100 and we are getting 3, im sure he was meant to check that but he decided to run away. We later find out that our connection will not get looked into untill mid April and there is no way im going through 3 weeks with no internet, it practically was no internet because it took me a minute to open up a tab on any browser and videos couldn't load not to mention the constant cutting out, I'm not gonna go for 3 weeks with this with the possibility that it gets fixed midway through which after our conversation on the phone could take a couple months after the 3 weeks work and exam revision relies far too much on internet connection. 

So we had these problems not to mention the guy changed the room of our phone, he put the phoneline in the same place the internet was (im guessing out of laziness to drill two separate lines) and our phone used to be right next to the door, this meant that our emergency care line for our elderly grandma stopped working... after this he was just kind of like, there is nothing I can do now... We also had to change our phone-number which we where later told we could have kept and the guy could have helped us keep it if he simply phoned them to ask for us to keep our old number again this notion seemed to be foreign to him and he had no idea about any of that. This comes back to my previous point that sales told us we could keep out number but it played out differently. There was also a few things like our new email and our area code which would have been useful and we should have been given but we where not

I'm sorry for rambling but there a quite a lot of things that went terribly and i know you are just in charge of replying to the forum complaints but this kind of thing needs to be brought to the attention of both sales and the people you higher to set up the internet. I understand that sales would try to sweeten the deal but customers need to be informed about the ongoing connection problems because whats gonna happen? they join realise the internet is **bleep**, they leave and you spend all that money sending someone out for absolutely no reason. It almost feels like you guys new this and decided to try and trap people into staying so you could charge a cheap price for great deals that are actually more than 50 times worse than advertised. Sorry you have to read this wall of text but I needed to get out the appalling way we where treated as customers and as you can see a lot went wrong, and if there is something that you can do to stop other people having to go through this that would be very much appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Kamil Hussein 

0 Kudos