Menu
FunkyNut
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Infrastructure Repairs - Slow Broadband

Hello

For months now I have had sloe broadband of around 5mbs - I call customer service each month and am told will be Fixed In Jan, Then Feb.. Given a £10 refund on bill and sent off like a good boy

Today I call as still 5mbs and am told the works to the infrastucture will take until July (11 months of my contract) and added to this the monthly refund to my account will be reduced to just £6)

This is a joke really and so I want Virgin to do the decent thing and let me out of my contract so I can go to another provider.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Infrastructure Repairs - Slow Broadband

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi FunkyNut, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems that you are affected by fault ref F004147201 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 05/07/2017. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Additionally I can see that your downstream power levels are too high. I will discuss this with you in the PM also. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And how long as fault ref F004147201 been going on
0 Kudos
FunkyNut
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Just an update. the engineer called and had us running at 100mbs in no time. He explained the issue to my wife and said it was all fixed.. Two hours later back to 5mps and has been like that since.

You mentioned that our downstream power levels are too high and we would discuss. Did we? I can't remember

Am I just stuck with rubbish broadband until the repairs?

Julian

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lets cut the freakin horseship here.

power levels....better at 0 period... yeah blah blah -6 to + 6 but thats IMO

Upstream under 55 not lower than 35...simple

Bang ..end of story

0 Kudos
FunkyNut
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what that even means but thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

FunkyNut wrote:

Hi Emma

Just an update. the engineer called and had us running at 100mbs in no time. He explained the issue to my wife and said it was all fixed.. Two hours later back to 5mps and has been like that since.

You mentioned that our downstream power levels are too high and we would discuss. Did we? I can't remember

Am I just stuck with rubbish broadband until the repairs?

Julian

If an engineer has visited they should have fixed the power level problem and your speeds will have improved outside of peak time. Due to the high utilisation in your area speeds will still fall in the evening.

0 Kudos