Menu
ze_muffinman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly slow internet speeds + constant disconnects trying to call customer services

Essentially as the subject states. Have been having issues all year, but they were definitely to be resolved by December. No such luck.

Been trying to call for support for the last 2 hours from 3 different phones and every time it has been hung up after a period of waiting.

Not massively thrilled as we had a full working day outage a couple of weeks back and the speed still isn't back to even the level pre 200mbs 'upgrade'

I'm sure plenty of people are experiencing the same issues, but please could someone let me know what is occurring on my line.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ze_muffinman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incredibly slow internet speeds + constant disconnects trying to call customer services

Here are the results of speed tests since July to show that the advertised speeds are rarely achievable on my setup so it is a virgin media fault not my equipment. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

All Replies
ze_muffinman
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly slow internet speeds + constant disconnects trying to call customer services

Finally got through to support by being transferred from other departments. It appears my fault has been extended until March 2017. Essentially I renewed my contract on the promise it would be resolved in December and that promise has been broken. 

At this point I fully expect compensation from Jan 2016 every month until the fault is corrected whenever that may be as i've had less than a 10th the speed for the majority of the time since the speed boost.

0 Kudos
ze_muffinman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Here are the results of speed tests since July to show that the advertised speeds are rarely achievable on my setup so it is a virgin media fault not my equipment. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ze_muffinman, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your broadband speeds being slow. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak times. We're currently planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance, especially during the peak times.

The reference number for this is F004195104 and is currently set to be reviewed around the beginning of March.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information. Thanks for your patience.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos