Menu
Comp00338
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Increase in b/band spead

Has anyone managed to find out why the PROMISED increase in broadband speed in SW London due Summer '16 is now expected to be Spring '17?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in b/band spead

Hi Comp00338,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your speed boost has been delayed, I know this is disappointing.

I don't know the specifics, but this sometimes happens when the network isn't ready for the upgrade. Sometimes we have to upgrade the network before we roll out the speed boosts, so that could be the case in this situation.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, please keep in touch and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yet in most places waiting to be upgraded, me for instance going from 152Mb to 200Mb, 200Mb is available for new customers or old if you're willing to sign another contract. The network isn't ready for me to go to 200Mb because Virgin Media are signing up new customers to 200Mb on an already congested network. One year I've been waiting for my free upgrade yet I wonder how many customers they have signed up in that time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey shawty1984,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

I know it's irritating when you're waiting for an upgrade and you can see new customers getting signed up. Have you tried having a chat with our Customer Relations team? They're the best people to talk to about your package.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos