Menu
fastpug
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistant broadband speeds for years

Hi everyone,

I've been with Virgin for 9 + years but in the last few years I've had inconsistent speeds..

What's happening well I'm a gamer and in a few hours I can drop out of a game four/five times watching Sky Go through my lap top it can buffer and watching Now TV through my TV or Xbox it can drop out or buffer all hardwired

I thought changing my virgin router to the super 3 hub might solve the problem but no still the same

I've been in touch with Virgin and told nothing is wrong just wondered if anyone else has these problems

Happens anytime of the day. Extremely frustrating   

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistant broadband speeds for years

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistant broadband speeds for years

Hello fastpug,

Thanks for joining the community, great to see new members Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've checked your Hub this afternoon and I've noticed that we're currently working on an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault in your area under ref: F005145939. We're hoping to have this fault resolved on the 14th March, but until then your connection might be slow and intermittent.

Please would you post an update after the 14th to let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos