Menu
radarhead
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In M41 area, Paying for premium Vivid 200, and getting only 0.5mb down...

Hi I am in the M41 area, the connection speed is always poor at peak times, like 2-3mb down, which is a joke when considering I am paying for so much more speed. But this is a new ongoing record, 500k down? 

I have tried resetting router, etc but to no avail.

Help.

0 Kudos
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for premium Vivid 200, and getting only 0.5mb down...

Hey I'm in the M41 area too, paying for the Vivid 200 and am getting 6Mb. Can someone from Virgin actually help on this one, please!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi radarhead,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004213224 and has a review date of 25th January 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
susiecallaw
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I was told that 25th January 2017 was the resolution date not a review date. What does review date mean, what are Virgin doing to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Susie

(Paying for 200MB, getting <30MB)

0 Kudos
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't ever provide resolution dates, all "fix" dates are review dates which are arbitrarily assigned with no **bleep** basis to them whatsoever. The forum team are simply here to mediate temporarily in an attempt to reduce the number of people leaving their racketeering scheme. Do yourself a favour and jump ship whilst you still can. They aren't doing anything to fix your problems and will happily sell more packages to your neighbours further congesting the already overburdened network, or should I say lack of network. I've never been more disgusted with a company of such scale. It's beyond belief that the way in which they operate is even legal.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Quick show off hands who think these dates are randomly generated..

I have yet to read a post on here that genuinely reads that an over loaded network fault has been confirmed and run through to resolution?? There is that many reading 'sorry here is you F###### next review 31 February 2017 another member of the scam will be along shortly to PM you' so you would think there would be at least one recent post..

I wouldn't put it past VM to make a few up as there not afraid of telling a few porkies!
terrynorth
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: In M41 area, Paying for premium Vivid 200, and getting only 0.5mb down...

Called up this morning and the fault for F004213224 is now an estimated fixed for May 2017. Its a joke
0 Kudos