Menu
maafty
Dialled in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Important information about slow speeds

After a lot of research and trawling through most posts on here, its clear that pretty much every area has peak time issues, this is a clear indication that VM's infrastructure simply cant cope anymore, this happens when an ISP pushes out a new speed but doesnt have the backend to support it. until VM change nearly all of the infrastructure this issue wont stop and we will all keep being told these bogus fault references that keep getting moved forward. other ISPs may not be able to currently offer 200mbps speeds but that because they know if they did then they would have this same issue. as much as im not a fat of BT openreach networks they dont allow customers to have speeds that they simply cant provide. VMs network is completely saturated and everyone is fighting for the last drop of bandwidth. at least on other ISPs they are mostly stable at the speed they sell. put simply imagine a poor water grid and everyone turns on the tap at the same time, barely a drop will come out. My guess is that they didnt expect to sell as many 200mbps packages, they knew full well that dont have the capacity to meet the demand, but as always its money, money, money......

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Important information about slow speeds

Rubbish, I get full speed all the time

0 Kudos
maafty
Dialled in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

then you my friend are a very rare and super privileged person. I hope you managed to keep the service working because if you start to get these peak time issues VM certainly wont bother to fix it

SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Great post @maafty, I hadn't thought about it like that but it makes absolute sense to me. Love to hear what the Forum Team have to say... pretty please...

I'm contracted to 50 Mbs with BT and that's what I get consistently, I was conned by VM into a "speed" upgrade that they couldn't possibly deliver.
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

#mis-selling

I do hope the next "PPI" scandal comes to home to ISPs like VM at some point soon. If this isn't Mis-selling a product then I don't know what is.

Ofcom - when are you going to take some action and launch an investigation into this
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You wanna see a Super fast 200mb vivid connection

5801148854.png

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just my opinion, but: There are plenty of customers who get what they pay for. All well and good, until they get the dreaded Over Utilisation, when VM do yet another ad' campaign. I'm nearly two years into my woes, with no fix date in sight.That's the problem! The amount of time that it takes VM to sort things out. Meanwhile, they keep signing people up to known over subscribed areas, just making problems worse. And as for charging people to get out of their over subscribed contracts, scandalous!

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hear what your saying, 

Im in doncaster and had the same for over 2 years now, what really gets me p****d off is that they are back filling the network here but not adding any more capacity. 

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yep. This is what happens when VM are still running 1996 tech' in 2016, with few (If no) upgrades.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
maafty
Dialled in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Atleast every few months I get adverts posted at home offering the "amazing" vivid 200, so not only do they not care about over subscribed areas they don't even know where their own customers live else they would already know I'm on the vivid 200, well vivid 2, as that's all I get