Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (355 Views)

I've just been lied to by a Virgin Agent

I've been told by a Virgin agent 100MB/s is the lowest broadband service they provide. I'm on a 100MB/s service now, and I was told the 50MB/s service is no longer available. 

Why would Virgin Media say this? Staff need better training.

Perhaps if I said I'll leave I'll get a different response but that's not the point.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8 (346 Views)

Re: I've just been lied to by a Virgin Agent

IIRC Virign Media is trying to go towards a standard speed of 100mbps

=================================================================

Kind Regards
Cori

My Internet is worse than it was in 2013.

My Broadband Speed

I am not a VM employee. My IT knowledge is pretty good though.
If you find my answer useful, please sent Kudos. If I solve or answer your question, mark as helpful answer! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8 (290 Views)

If that's the case, why don't they remove their 50MB service? 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 8 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]

Their offshore agents are useless, and yes, they lie all the time and very incompetent.

You may be better off picking "i am thinking of leaving" option. This will put you through UK-based staff who actually know their stuff. Then explain that you thinking of leaving if not allowed to choose appropriately economic package. You may even get 100Mb for the price of 50.

Tuning in
Message 5 of 8 (214 Views)

Thanks. With this new hike I'm compelled to try again. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8 (142 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just called, saying I would leave and I'm apparently on the best deal for 100MB. Again, I think they are insisting I stay on this deal. I said I have looked at PlusNet who have a better deal at the bandwidth I'm after, and again insisting the best deal is what is presented on the screen is the one I am currently on. Seems to be no budging with Virgin, VirginMedia are getting nasty. Admittedly, I didn't end the call saying that I wanted to disconnect, because I need to migrate my VirginMedia inbox before I put my money where my mouth is. Once I've done this, Virgin will feel the full force of a disconnection.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 7 of 8 (124 Views)

TurtleAndSnail wrote:

I just called, saying I would leave and I'm apparently on the best deal for 100MB. Again, I think they are insisting I stay on this deal. I said I have looked at PlusNet who have a better deal at the bandwidth I'm after, and again insisting the best deal is what is presented on the screen is the one I am currently on. Seems to be no budging with Virgin, VirginMedia are getting nasty. Admittedly, I didn't end the call saying that I wanted to disconnect, because I need to migrate my VirginMedia inbox before I put my money where my mouth is. Once I've done this, Virgin will feel the full force of a disconnection.

I suggest you consider what might be best for you rather than what you might or might not get out of VM.

If you have real options then just leave and save yourself all the hassle.

The old adage 'the grass isn't always greener' does not apply when considering leaving VM.

However, 'You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time' does apply.
(where are you in that?)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8 (68 Views)

I suggest you consider what might be best for you rather than what you might or might not get out of VM.
-->Yes, the best for me is to leave Virgin they could keep me as their customer and have told them explicitly this, but Virgin is not interested.

If you have real options then just leave and save yourself all the hassle.

--> Yes I have options, and I have gave Virgin options. I know where I stand now with Virgin.

The old adage 'the grass isn't always greener' does not apply when considering leaving VM.

--> Virgin can't guarantee their bandwidth speeds. It can be greener with research.

However, 'You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time' does apply.
(where are you in that?)

--> I only do straight talking. 

0 Kudos