Menu
azrathdeen
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I recently signed up a renewal and the speed has been terrible and waited a whole day for an engineer no

I am so disappointed with the service and hope to get some explanation before i share this on social media. *******

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I recently signed up a renewal and the speed has been terrible and waited a whole day for an engineer

Delete your phone number off here, it breaks the rules of the forum and you will not be contacted by the forum team using it.

The forum team also take around 1-2 weeks to respond. If you need a quicker (although not always correct) response, then you will need to give VM a call and go through the script readers.

As to diagnosis in the mean time:

are you testing wired or wirelessly? If wired move on to next question, if wirelessly, test wired

Are slow speeds constant or do they only happen at peak times (late afternoon - evening)?

As some further tests. Go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser, don't log in. Instead hit the router status button on the page. In the next menu go to the 'downstream' 'upstream' and 'network log' sections and copy and paste all the information from there to here (or take screen shots), don't worry about formatting and if you get a HTML error just hit post again and it will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I recently signed up a renewal and the speed has been terrible and waited a whole day for an ...

Hi azrathdeen,

It's a shame that you're disappointed in your service and I do hope I can help to remedy the situation. Firstly I'll need some additional information from you to help me locate your account as the IP address from which you posted is linked to a business account.
If that is the account you are reporting issues with you would be better served to seek help from our Business support page - amongst other options there is a 'live-chat' function and I'm confident you'll get the support you require.

If you do have a residential service though please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested information and I'll look into this for you.

Many thanks & welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos